Friday, August 26, 2016

August PR Video

Please leave your feedback for the August PR video below, including whether or not you see these PR videos as productive tools for ASB to utilize in the future!

In case you forgot the entirety of the video (smh) please watch it again here!

13 comments:

  1. Similar things that were discussed in class:
    - similar backgrounds
    - same sound quality

    Some parts were a little awk mainly because people were waiting for others to talk (since this is an introduction video) but I think it was good and interesting way to introduce ASB :)

    Btw I LOVE the quad background for Spirit, was super pretty and lighting was great :P

    I think PR videos are great, it makes announcements much more interesting than over the intercom. I think we can work towards making it more professional in terms of quality and movie editing but it's a great start! Great job PR, especially with the numerous groups Jamie had to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the PR Videos are a super good idea, the video this month was really great and informational. It gives people a chance to actually pay attention to announcements because during class when announcements are playing, people tend to do other stuff.

    Background could have been more uniform and voice quality. But other than that, the video was great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work and effort for the first video of the year, PR!

    I liked how all the commissioners were introduced to the school through the video. The video length was ideal as it wasn't too long or short. Commissions did a good job keeping their speech and introduction short, simple, and direct. I also liked how some commissions had different backgrounds than others as that just spices thing up after watching the brick wall over and over again.

    The best thing was that this announcement was in a video form and played in class. However, I heard that some classes didn't get to see the video because their teacher either forgot or didn't want to play the video. I've had many teachers who don't bother to share the videos and I think that needs a change. I think it's worth a visit to pay the classrooms a visit and tell them, along with their teachers, to watch the videos put out by ASB. Going along with how we're visiting classrooms, we should also setup some sort of calendar system in the classrooms to keep track of ASB events. Mrs. Badger went on about this topic before and I feel that this could be a good opportunity to make sure students and teachers are being properly informed.

    I also feel that tech should fill in and help PR with setting up the camera equipment as audio wasn't very clear as echo's can be heard occasionally.

    Props to PR for being able to film so many people and get the video out on time, in style, and with vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the PR video is a really great idea and this one was pretty well done.

    There's not really much more to say that hasn't already been mentioned, but for the record I think this is a much more efficient means to communicate with the school then the announcements that people can barely hear.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always thought that the PR videos were a great idea. This way people can actually understand what is going on at school and really understand the upcoming events.

    Background and sound could be better, as everyone else said. Other than that. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the PR video was a great idea, and it was executed very well for the first one of the year. I think we should have a little bit longer of an intro in the beginning to capture people's attention a little bit more. Also I agree with others saying that the background in the video could have been more consistent. Other then that, it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will PR be investing in a shotgun mic to replace the one that went missing this past year?

    Overall, I think PR videos are something that should be continued (whether or not by PR is up to you!). I would be willing to work to make sure that they stay a continuous thing at Lynbrook.

    Besides the suggestions about sound quality, subtitles, and consistent backgrounds as mentioned above, I would also like to encourage PR to have fun with the videos! Make them interesting, lively, tell small jokes, anything! I think if the student body is going to have to sit through them anyways, we should make them enjoyable/something they look forward to.

    Did we hear any feedback from staff? Any idea how many staff did/did not play the video?

    Suggestion: maybe we could upload the PR videos to the official Lynbrook ASB channel and then every time after the video is played during class, it is also posted in the main lynbrook facebook group in case people missed it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was pretty decent for the first video of the year. I personally liked the different locations as it brings some variety to the composition; however, I would say the brick wall in the den is not a good location especially due to the dark lighting. I liked how you all introduced the ASB class as it was not done before.
    Maybe use props for the video to make them more fun and lively!!!
    good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the idea of introducing the ASB class to the student body!
    A couple things I think we could change:

    Outdoor lighting is normally better than indoor lighting, so I definitely think we should film introductions outside. In general, filming in front of a wall doesn't look too great, whether that be indoors or outdoors.

    The introductions were a bit repetitive. I think each commission should have done their own thing in addition to introducing themselves. Since there were so many people that needed to be introduced, simply hearing grades and names starting to get a bit boring.

    I think PR videos are an extremely effective way of getting information from ASB to the rest of Lynbrook and should definitely be continued. I heard many of my peers telling me that they had not been shown the video in class, so I think we need to come up with a way to better convey the importance that teachers show the video to their classes (I understand this might be difficult because we can't force them).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on your first PR video for this year!

    However there is still room to improve!
    1. The main scene of the ASB den/ a brick wall gave the video a bit of a boring background, so maybe as you did last year using a sun room will allow more light to give the background a kick

    2. The sound for many of the Video's had background noise which can sometimes take away from the actual video, so like the first comment, try finding a quieter place such as a sun room.

    3.Maybe try adding some soft background music which also gets the audiences attention people, at least me, to want to watch the video.

    Other wise well done PR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on your first PR video for this year!

    However there is still room to improve!
    1. The main scene of the ASB den/ a brick wall gave the video a bit of a boring background, so maybe as you did last year using a sun room will allow more light to give the background a kick

    2. The sound for many of the Video's had background noise which can sometimes take away from the actual video, so like the first comment, try finding a quieter place such as a sun room.

    3.Maybe try adding some soft background music which also gets the audiences attention people, at least me, to want to watch the video.

    Other wise well done PR!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think doing PR videos are great because they're a lot more engaging and interesting than regular intercom announcements.

    What I thought was good:
    - THE LIGHTING FOR SPIRIT WAS HEAVENLY (do it more often)

    What I thought should be improved:
    - Lighting / background
    I think we should use outdoor lighting more than indoor, so possibly filming during third period or after school (to prevent too much background noise). The background is also much better outside than indoor background (brick walls)
    - Sound quality
    For the 2018 class officers section, there was a lot of background noise that drowned out the audio, so possibly consider at least making sure the room is quiet during filming.

    Great job on the first PR video and I think you guys will be able to make the next video really good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Comments from here on out, for this post, will not be graded.

    ReplyDelete