Hey everyone!! The Link Crew Dance took place this past Monday and we would love to get some feedback!! Thanks to all the volunteers and the people who showed up!
Promotion - Cute profile pictures (shout out to Jennifer), well hyped up, and the link crew leaders told their kids about it. Effective promotion overall.
Decs - The decorations were simple and given that the dance was free, they were very inexpensive but helped contribute to the theme. Honestly, even though we basically just had a balloon arch and stuck green paper everywhere, no one complained, so I think it was fine. Set up for these decs was smooth as well, even though we started later, we finished and everybody had something to do.
Food - 2018 sold out of boba, and it would have been a nice touch to have the popcorn machine, but then again nobody really complained so all is well! Maybe a greater variety next time? Perhaps ASB can sell soda/water or pizza, something to generate revenue and give the students something to eat.
DJ - Didn't hear any major complaints? The times where I was near the gym, the music selection was pretty good :)
I honestly think the dance was so successful just because 2020 is such a "lit" class, basically they enjoy dancing and know how to party, unlike previous freshmen classes. The generations are changing as a result of social media, and I think that this aura from 2020 will contribute to future dances! It was a very successful dance, despite losing money since it was free, everyone really enjoyed it and had a great time. Great job social!! :)
P: I think the profile picture and facebook event really help spread the word about the dance.
D: The decorations were really simple which was good because there wasn't a need for elaborate dances in my opinion. Despite the simplicity, it still looked really nice and looked like we put effort into it.
E: (event) I think the actual event was good however many of the freshmen and I think it was because of the awkwardness at the beginning of the dance, which always happens. Maybe some games in the cove (like in spring fling) would have changed that. Also, the DJ maybe could've played cupid shuffle or the slide to left song(idk what its called) a little earlier.
DJ: I liked the dj, he played good music and the lights were good. I heard people say it was "better than the mixer dj the night before" (lol rip).
I think the dance was pretty good, the attendance record was high despite the fact that it was free and only freshmen. After the freshmen got more comfortable dancing in the gym, it was pretty wild and fun in there. Class of 2020 parties hard.
P: I think the profile picture and facebook event really help spread the word about the dance.
D: The decorations were really simple which was good because there wasn't a need for elaborate dances in my opinion. Despite the simplicity, it still looked really nice and looked like we put effort into it.
E: (event) I think the actual event was good however many of the freshmen and I think it was because of the awkwardness at the beginning of the dance, which always happens. Maybe some games in the cove (like in spring fling) would have changed that. Also, the DJ maybe could've played cupid shuffle or the slide to left song(idk what its called) a little earlier.
DJ: I liked the dj, he played good music and the lights were good. I heard people say it was "better than the mixer dj the night before" (lol rip).
I think the dance was pretty good, the attendance record was high despite the fact that it was free and only freshmen. After the freshmen got more comfortable dancing in the gym, it was pretty wild and fun in there. Class of 2020 parties hard.
I don't know if Mrs.Badger has passed this on yet, but the DJ told her that this had been the "best freshman dance" that he's ever DJ'd for. Props to you and Link Crew for getting a lot of students out for the dance :)
Questions:
1) I've never really understood how Link Crew and Social work together on the dance - how was the work divided? Just out of curiosity. 2) How much did we spend overall? 3) Did we find the popcorn machine?
Feedback:
1) I really liked the DJ this time around - there were never any awkward transitions between songs and his song mix seemed to match what the crowd was expecting very well. He also interacted with the crowd and played songs that were easy to dance to like the Cupid Shuffle to get everyone on the dance floor. Would love to see him come back for future dances :)
2) Jungle decorations were simple and cost-effective! You decorated to the theme without buying any expensive one-time decorations.
3) I would've liked to see a little bit more of an organized coordination of the volunteers! As someone who wanted to help clean up afterwards, I had to go out and find one of you to tell me what to do (not that I had any problem with doing that!) - next time though, could volunteers get instructions to all meet at x place after the dance and then one of the social commissioners give everyone specific tasks from there?
4) It was a little bit confusing as to how entering/leaving the dance worked (2020 didn't need an ID card to enter, students weren't sure when/how they could leave). It might be helpful to have a general informational poster taped up to the entrance door next dance? It could also include general rules like "no drinks inside the gym."
5) I don't remember noticing posters for these - but classes should have posters explaining what they're selling/for how much put up for the students' convenience!
Overall, I had a great time and I definitely don't think that I was the only one :) Strong start to an even stronger year!
PS: Don't forget to dance too Social commission :)
Just like at most dances, most of the kids started dancing more comfortably after the sun went down. Maybe it would be a good move to keep dances right before sunset so that the transition could be a little bit quicker?
I think that the free photobooth was definitely a fun incentive for the attendees. Do you intend on doing this in the future, and how much does it cost Social to make free?
I agree with Will on the fact of more organized volunteering. If you could create some kind of a list of things to clean up or check on after the dance, I'm sure that it would go more efficiently.
I didn't really take notice too much of the decorations. They were nice, but I didn't really notice a very prevalent theme at the dance. I don't think that this is too important, but it would be interesting to possibly invest in more decorations in the future.
I also liked how it was in the second-half of the gym. Putting it indoors and making it a smaller space makes people more comfortable and feel like the room is packed. Maybe this would be a good choice for the Welcome Back Dance?
Promotion - Cute profile pictures (shout out to Jennifer), well hyped up, and the link crew leaders told their kids about it. Effective promotion overall.
ReplyDeleteDecs - The decorations were simple and given that the dance was free, they were very inexpensive but helped contribute to the theme. Honestly, even though we basically just had a balloon arch and stuck green paper everywhere, no one complained, so I think it was fine. Set up for these decs was smooth as well, even though we started later, we finished and everybody had something to do.
Food - 2018 sold out of boba, and it would have been a nice touch to have the popcorn machine, but then again nobody really complained so all is well! Maybe a greater variety next time? Perhaps ASB can sell soda/water or pizza, something to generate revenue and give the students something to eat.
DJ - Didn't hear any major complaints? The times where I was near the gym, the music selection was pretty good :)
I honestly think the dance was so successful just because 2020 is such a "lit" class, basically they enjoy dancing and know how to party, unlike previous freshmen classes. The generations are changing as a result of social media, and I think that this aura from 2020 will contribute to future dances! It was a very successful dance, despite losing money since it was free, everyone really enjoyed it and had a great time. Great job social!! :)
P: I think the profile picture and facebook event really help spread the word about the dance.
ReplyDeleteD: The decorations were really simple which was good because there wasn't a need for elaborate dances in my opinion. Despite the simplicity, it still looked really nice and looked like we put effort into it.
E: (event) I think the actual event was good however many of the freshmen and I think it was because of the awkwardness at the beginning of the dance, which always happens. Maybe some games in the cove (like in spring fling) would have changed that. Also, the DJ maybe could've played cupid shuffle or the slide to left song(idk what its called) a little earlier.
DJ: I liked the dj, he played good music and the lights were good. I heard people say it was "better than the mixer dj the night before" (lol rip).
I think the dance was pretty good, the attendance record was high despite the fact that it was free and only freshmen. After the freshmen got more comfortable dancing in the gym, it was pretty wild and fun in there. Class of 2020 parties hard.
P: I think the profile picture and facebook event really help spread the word about the dance.
ReplyDeleteD: The decorations were really simple which was good because there wasn't a need for elaborate dances in my opinion. Despite the simplicity, it still looked really nice and looked like we put effort into it.
E: (event) I think the actual event was good however many of the freshmen and I think it was because of the awkwardness at the beginning of the dance, which always happens. Maybe some games in the cove (like in spring fling) would have changed that. Also, the DJ maybe could've played cupid shuffle or the slide to left song(idk what its called) a little earlier.
DJ: I liked the dj, he played good music and the lights were good. I heard people say it was "better than the mixer dj the night before" (lol rip).
I think the dance was pretty good, the attendance record was high despite the fact that it was free and only freshmen. After the freshmen got more comfortable dancing in the gym, it was pretty wild and fun in there. Class of 2020 parties hard.
I don't know if Mrs.Badger has passed this on yet, but the DJ told her that this had been the "best freshman dance" that he's ever DJ'd for. Props to you and Link Crew for getting a lot of students out for the dance :)
ReplyDeleteQuestions:
1) I've never really understood how Link Crew and Social work together on the dance - how was the work divided? Just out of curiosity.
2) How much did we spend overall?
3) Did we find the popcorn machine?
Feedback:
1) I really liked the DJ this time around - there were never any awkward transitions between songs and his song mix seemed to match what the crowd was expecting very well. He also interacted with the crowd and played songs that were easy to dance to like the Cupid Shuffle to get everyone on the dance floor. Would love to see him come back for future dances :)
2) Jungle decorations were simple and cost-effective! You decorated to the theme without buying any expensive one-time decorations.
3) I would've liked to see a little bit more of an organized coordination of the volunteers! As someone who wanted to help clean up afterwards, I had to go out and find one of you to tell me what to do (not that I had any problem with doing that!) - next time though, could volunteers get instructions to all meet at x place after the dance and then one of the social commissioners give everyone specific tasks from there?
4) It was a little bit confusing as to how entering/leaving the dance worked (2020 didn't need an ID card to enter, students weren't sure when/how they could leave). It might be helpful to have a general informational poster taped up to the entrance door next dance? It could also include general rules like "no drinks inside the gym."
5) I don't remember noticing posters for these - but classes should have posters explaining what they're selling/for how much put up for the students' convenience!
Overall, I had a great time and I definitely don't think that I was the only one :)
Strong start to an even stronger year!
PS: Don't forget to dance too Social commission :)
Just like at most dances, most of the kids started dancing more comfortably after the sun went down. Maybe it would be a good move to keep dances right before sunset so that the transition could be a little bit quicker?
ReplyDeleteI think that the free photobooth was definitely a fun incentive for the attendees. Do you intend on doing this in the future, and how much does it cost Social to make free?
I agree with Will on the fact of more organized volunteering. If you could create some kind of a list of things to clean up or check on after the dance, I'm sure that it would go more efficiently.
I didn't really take notice too much of the decorations. They were nice, but I didn't really notice a very prevalent theme at the dance. I don't think that this is too important, but it would be interesting to possibly invest in more decorations in the future.
I also liked how it was in the second-half of the gym. Putting it indoors and making it a smaller space makes people more comfortable and feel like the room is packed. Maybe this would be a good choice for the Welcome Back Dance?
Otherwise, good job! ^_^
Comments from here on out, for this post, will not be graded.
ReplyDelete