Saturday, September 3, 2016

Movie Night (9/2)

Hey Guys!

First of all, thanks a lot to those of you who came and helped out! Social would love any feedback for the movie night! Let us know what you liked, didn't liked, and what would you would want to see in the future!

Thanks,
Social

7 comments:

  1. Loved the night overall! Some general tips – maybe always open up set up volunteering to everyone, even if you guys don't think you need help. Things were running a little late, so more people will always be helpful! Also it gets the class hyped up as well :P In addition, perhaps we should start the movie night later but open up doors earlier for popcorn, also since the sun sets a bit later.

    The movie screen was smaller than I expected, but I think it was fine if you sat closer to the stage. Sound was great as well (props to Tech). Perhaps try talking to Miller about their super large inflatable screen? They aren't allowed to use it anymore due to problems with inflatables in the past years, so we might want to consider purchasing it from them. but it's HUGE.

    Movie choice - 10/10. Movie choice actually defines a lot of the movie night, and I think Zootopia was unanimously loved by everyone.

    Food sales - I loved the idea of free popcorn, it gave people an incentive to go. However, the popcorn took awhile to pop so we might want to consider getting another Popcorn machine or renting Miller's. The drinks and PMT were a great idea, perhaps next time we can chill them. Also, I think we might want to consider an ASB candy stash that we can sell at dances and movie nights.

    Clean up - Went well and was efficient, fun as well. I felt a lot more asb bonding than other events, and it was really fun to head out with some asb members afterwards :)

    Honestly, I think this is the first event so far that has seemed really like an ASB class event, just in the ways that people randomly showed up for set-up and clean-up and it as a really chill event overall! Not only was the turn-out great, but there were no major mishaps. I honestly, genuinly LOVED this event and really hope there are more in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with EVERYTHING Lilian said!!

      You guys did a great job :)) SO PROUD!!

      Delete
  2. Pros:
    -Excellent movie choice
    -Allowing students to have a word in the movie choice via the voting form
    -The free popcorn, it's probably one of the major drawing factors for the event
    -High attendance
    -Smooth setup
    -Good sound
    -Smooth cleanup

    Cons:
    -Setup times, we barely had enough time to set up everything
    -Long lines for popcorn, perhaps open up two windows?
    -Small screen, it was a lot smaller than what I thought it would be
    -Tech had some problems with the quantity of extension cables
    -The popcorn ended up become TOO salty
    -The popcorn took too long to make
    -No opportunity to volunteer, making popcorn and handing them out takes a lot of work

    Overall, movie night was marvelous! I had a really great time bonding with not just with my friends, but with other commissioners in ASB. There should definitely be movie nights hosted soon! Goodjob social!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Social!!!
    A few things that could be improved:
    - Volunteer opportunities (both w/ tech equipment and food handling)
    - Promotion before hand (tell the class whether a promotion is going to be happening or not whether or not it will happen. Ex. onesies. )
    - Updating the master calendar (cuz last I checked, movie night is suppose to happen next week? Kinda confused)
    - Bigger movie screen? (Mentioned above also) May Social could hang up large size backdrop, like homecoming, to project the movie onto? Something to consider
    - More promotion in general other than facebook

    I love:
    - Movie choice
    - Student participation on movie choices
    - Free popcorn
    - Nice atmosphere

    An amazing job! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone's comments above and I would like to say that this was an excellent event.
    I really enjoyed the movie choice!!!!
    As mentioned before I think volunteers are almost always needed even if you don't think so (especially with food involved)
    The free popcorn idea was great, however, I saw people ask for multiple bags which slowed down the line further. Maybe limit the number of bags you can give to one person.
    Suggestion: ASB should make some sort of arrangements for more comfortable seating (maybe renting out a large carpet or like idk lol tarp??) but just anything so people do not have to sit on the cold and dirty ground.
    Clean up was super fun even with Will's "evening chill" music haha I think it was a great bonding event in general. Good Job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly think the movie night was awesome, from the choice of the movie, to how well everything was executed. I agree with the others when they say that volunteer spots should be kept open for everyone because towards the end everyone was running around trying to get stuff set up. As mentioned by some people that there was a shortage of extension cords, I think this could just be fixed by better planning from tech. Overall it was a fantastic event!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comments from here on out, for this post, will not be graded.

    ReplyDelete