Thursday, September 29, 2016

September ASB Video

Hi,

So please comment below to give both positive + negative feedback!
Some things I noticed, feel free to mention it again, but also provide alternative ways that would work :D.
  • lighting inconsistency
  • sound inconsistency
  • awkward transition
Here is the video if you want to rewatch it again.

8 comments:

  1. I thought that the flow was at a really nice pace/tempo, so one wouldn't get like overwhelmed with the facts, nor get bored. The overall video was great, but something to think about in the future is to maybe include subtitles to make the message even more clear if someone can't really hear the people speaking. Great job PR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that you took some feedback from the August video and made the appropriate changes :) The locations were different for each of the groups which was also nice. As Alison said above, including ads (and charging outside groups for it) might be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would second the awkward transitions between the different clips as a room for improvement! It felt like there was no lead-in to the HC montage video and the dance promotional clip. Maybe a narrator or the person who submitted the video could prepare some sort of brief explanatory statement in the future? (Eg. now, for a flashback to past homecomings)

    And was there a reason that some of the clips in the video had large black borders around them?

    That's all I can think of :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you guys had clips for homecoming promo. I think that made the video more "hype" and interesting. However, I agree w what Will said about the lack of transition for the homecoming promo clips.
    The background music was nice, but I think that it was kind of distracting (At times, I couldn't hear the speakers).
    I think something that can be fixed is the size of the video clips? (the black borders around the clips).

    But overall, the pr video was great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the ASB videos replaces the PR monthly videos, it sounds a bit more professional imo! My main concern is the inconsistency of quality throughout the video and the general direction of where these videos are heading to. Perhaps we can open this video system toward clubs for advertisement? That will need some through discussion, but it should be addressed!

    Just like the previous comments, transitions need some work as it goes by too quick. The viewers may get confused quickly.

    I like the text box design and how it's (almost) universal throughout the video. However, the aspect ratio (crop) of the videos was pretty inconsistent.

    The change of location of various scenes retain's the viewer's attention pretty well.

    The opening text sequence is simple, but it does the job. But to add onto the idea of quality and viewer retention, an eye-catching intro is needed?

    Lastly, the audio quality is pretty inconsistent (like what you've listed above,) perhaps you guys should invest in a proper microphone for the camera? The viewers can't also hear some of the people talking.

    Overall, this month's ASB video has undergone some good changes compared to the video from last month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The main points to fix on were already spoken in class about (lighting, inconsistency, sound inconsistency, awkward transition) but something I really loved was the series of homecoming clips that were added!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Comments from here on out, for this post, will not be graded.

    ReplyDelete