- Clubs — There are three types of clubs (interest, volunteering, competition) and volunteering part was left out, we will add in
- Electives — We will add a tour of the java class (already filmed)
- Organization —There is a tour of the band hallway at the very end but it will be moved near the art elective tours
- Athletics — add pickleball/tennis courts
- Overall —We will add more clips of organizations and events
Questions
- Is there a need for subtitles?
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnPB1HqGwPg
i think subtitles will be very helpful especially because the auditorium sound system isn't very loud and theres over 500 students inside watching
ReplyDeleteHATS OFF TO YOU ALL!!! I am really amazed by the end result of your PCP. The video definitely fulfills its purpose to show the different aspects of Lynbrook. I don't think that subtitles are needed for the video because you all did a good job enunciating and it was pretty clear. However, if you plan on showing this in the gym during link crew orientation, then maybe people might not be able to hear some parts (esp the ones in the library). So, I would recommend that you all just add the location as a caption rather than spending a looooot of time typing up subtitles for a 12 minute long video.
ReplyDeleteI was super super super impressed by the video. It looked like it took a ton of work, so huge props to you guys for working so hard. I have one suggestion! I think that events like homecoming, powderpuff, and rallies are a huge part of Lynbrook's culture, and there wasn't that much footage on those events. Maybe explain them a little more + add more footage? Other than that, I loved every second of it :)
ReplyDeleteI really liked the video! The only thing that I want to point out is that the audio is a bit quiet in some parts of the video, so its hard to hear.
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
The video was amazing. I wish I had something like this to see before I came to Lynbrook. There's a few parts of the video where it's hard to hear what the person is saying. Perhaps you could increase the volume during those segments? Also, at the end, you concluded the video while someone was cutting grass or doing construction work in the background, and it was hard to pay attention to what you were saying. It might be too late to fix, but just a suggestion to film in quiet areas in the future. You guys were in a rush though, and I thought the outcome was fantastic.
ReplyDelete-Chelsea
DeleteThe video turned out super good! I do think that subtitles would be very useful. Also, kind of going off of David's comment, I think we should include more of "unique Lynbrook things". You guys started out the video with a pretty hype montage, however we don't really see that throughout the video(as in, there weren't many activities being shown, just talking), maybe after you guys end off the video talking, you guys can include more hype montages to give watchers more a feel of Lynbrook!
ReplyDeleteI agree with David. I feel like we need to showcase more of our Lynbrook culture like Powderpuff, Homecoming, and basically what freshmen can look forward to in their high school years. I really liked the video effects with the camera though, and everyone was really prepared with their lines. I think Anushka's idea of adding captions for the locations of where you're speaking would also be helpful.
ReplyDeleteI really loved this video!! Even though it was kind of long, it was still pretty engaging. I also agree with everyone on adding subtitles. There were certain parts (office and library) where I honestly couldn't understand what anyone was saying. If that part can't be rerecorded, then I think you guys should for sure put the subtitles. Other than that, everything else was great! :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with some of the things that have already been said, most notably the inclusion of subtitles. I am not saying that this is an issue, but the people in the video talked extremely fast, and I sometimes had trouble following everything that they were saying. Therefore, the inclusion of subtitles will go a long way to make sure that everyone understands the message and that the purpose of the video is achieved. Also, just a random thing, but if you are making a list of clubs that were not included, one of them is Mock Trial. But that is not a point of criticism, just something to keep in mind. :)
ReplyDelete