First of all, thanks a lot to those of you who came and helped out! Social would love any feedback for the homecoming dance! Let us know what you liked, didn't liked, and what would you would want to see in the future!
Props to social for organizing a great dance :) I think it would have been nice if there were food options besides waffles, I do know that you guys planned for one food truck, but that didn't end up happening, so maybe have multiple food trucks as well as other options that ASB sells. Also, in my opinion drinks and WATER should always be sold in all events. I think the tables outside the cove were a good place for people to hangout. good job social
Something I want to note was that the asking for volunteer for waffle sales. Since that facebook post was in the leadership facebook group, then it means that it is open for all. However, since you did the comment system, how did you select the volunteers? You only needed 4 people per shift, and there were definitely more than 4 people who wanted to help. You didn't really announce who got the shift, so when there were too many people who went to help out, who did you select? Since it was also for volunteer hours, did you give it all that signed up despite the amount of volunteers was over? Or did you not give it to anyone?
I didn't attend the dance because I had a live chat class, however, I really wanted to help afterwards and go to the dance. But since you didn't announce who got selected, I didn't know if it was worth it to go and test out my luck on whether I got it or not. I just think that it would be really nice if you announced it before hand so people know. :D
I heard some really good feedback on the dance overall, so great job social!!
I thought the dance was great,but I have a few suggestions.
Maybe buy more whipped cream next time, people seem to really like whipped cream. Also try to find more space for us to work. I found the area we were given very small and super cramped. Also having a table in the back to make waffles and a table in the front to decorate wouldn't be a bad idea. For making waffles, Have a few people delegated to making the batter and others making the waffles, this way people wouldn't have to wait in line for like 10 minutes at a time. Also being more prepared, like having a whisk and having extension ready in case of anything.
Also having the photo booth in a different place would be great. It made the area between the gym and the cove very crowded. Also blocking areas for people to go in and out of the cove.
Overall I thought the dance was great and the waffles were a great idea. WE SOLD OUT!!!
I found the dance to be a very enjoyable experience! However, I've noticed a lot more negative aspects than the other homecoming dances prior to this one.
First off, there weren't professional photos taken aside from the ones at the photobooth. A lot of students came to the dance expecting to have their photos taken there and found it a surprise that it wasn't present this year. I heard your problem regarding not being able to have the photographer come, perhaps we can consider having yearbook take the photos in this kind of situation for commission? They've done these kind of photos for the blue pearl dances before.
There was also a lot of complaint regarding how the DJ announced the winning class. The DJ simply didn't put enough energy/enthusiasm into announcing that the freshmen came in fourth place. Also, the 2017 CP didn't receive the trophy he should've received until he asked for it. This is probably a problem on miscommunication?
I also noticed that the check in system broke down half way through allowing students to enter. We should probably get it fixed or invest in a new system? Also, the line was ridiculously long (which is a good and bad thing.) As Ahana pointed out in class, it took her 30 minutes to get in. Personally, I wouldn't want to come to a dance on time and waste 30 minutes or more waiting to get in. Perhaps we can open up another line or two?
Lastly, some students were expecting to buy food and drinks from the food truck that didn't show up. This was remedied by us selling waffles, but the food truck would of made a nice addition to the atmosphere of the dance.
The dance was still great despite all these negative aspects as I had much fun with many of my friends who showed up. I felt that promotion for the dance worked out pretty good and reached out to a lot of underclassmen, motivating them to come.
1) I realize the food truck bailed on us, but I think this should have been communicated to the student body! (on the event page, perhaps?) That way it doesn't seem like we just weren't delivering on what we promised.
2) Waffle supplies! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind driving around to get more whipped cream, but I think it'd be nice if we could track data from this dance and figure out exactly how much waffle making material we might need for future dances so we can avoid the last-minute scrambling of this dance. It would have been nice too if I had also been asked a bit earlier (before the dance) if I could pick up supplies :)
PS: I still have the receipt for the whipped cream, who can I give that to for reimbursement purposes?
3) How much money did we end up making/spending on this dance? jw
4) I think this has already been touched on many times, but I also noticed the lackluster homecoming result announcement ^^ -> definitely a big room for improvement for next year's Homecoming dance!
Overall good job - I especially had a great time snuggling with Harsh in the auditorium watching dash put thumbtacks on teachers' chairs :P
I basically agree with everything Will said above!! Especially about communicating more with the students about everything. Even a post a couple hours before the dance (a hype post!!) would've been nice. BUT overall you guys did a great job and handled the ticketing shutdown/food truck fiasco with grace and calmness :) PROUD OF YOU GUYS <3
The dance was really well put together. Despite the fact that the food truck didn't show up, i think the waffles backup was a really good save. Also, there was a photobooth but i think we should add like a photo backdrop in the cove so people can take pics there too. I know there were a lot of people who didn't get a chance to go to the photobooth because of the long lines.
But throughout all the unpredictable mishaps, the dance was still super enjoyable!
For set up, I sat around a lot of the time because I did not know what to do. I think there were more people than there were needed (this also happened for clean up for the back to school dance).
I noticed that the stars on the cove were still up will they be up for the rest of the school year?
Overall it was a nice dance. Good Job Social!
Also, shoutout to Diya for being a trouper after she cut her toe!!!!!!!
For set-up: The balloon arch from the gates isn't the most aesthetic thing, maybe we could consider hanging it from the cove or something next time? Set-up in general was pretty chill, the homecoming decs looked great and it was nice to see everything getting reused. Next time, I think an explicit set-up protocol should be sent out (x person does this, y person does that) just to keep things a bit more organized and ensure that no one is sitting around.
For the actual dance, from what I saw, the waffle line was always long – but this was expected since the food truck bailed on us. In the case of bailing food trucks next time, I think we should still go out and buy drinks, we can easily sell them for $1 each and make profit, and quench the thirst of avid dancers. I wasn't too sure how popular the other activities were during the dance, but I think maybe putting the board games in the cove might be a good idea just so that there's enough light. I had a fun time dancing with my friends :)
For clean-up, it was quick and efficient, which was great, no major problems here. Pho was fun afterwards!!
For set-up: The balloon arch from the gates isn't the most aesthetic thing, maybe we could consider hanging it from the cove or something next time? Set-up in general was pretty chill, the homecoming decs looked great and it was nice to see everything getting reused. Next time, I think an explicit set-up protocol should be sent out (x person does this, y person does that) just to keep things a bit more organized and ensure that no one is sitting around.
For the actual dance, from what I saw, the waffle line was always long – but this was expected since the food truck bailed on us. In the case of bailing food trucks next time, I think we should still go out and buy drinks, we can easily sell them for $1 each and make profit, and quench the thirst of avid dancers. I wasn't too sure how popular the other activities were during the dance, but I think maybe putting the board games in the cove might be a good idea just so that there's enough light. I had a fun time dancing with my friends :)
For clean-up, it was quick and efficient, which was great, no major problems here. Pho was fun afterwards!!
I really liked the promo going into the dance, shoutout to Mira for the calligraphy on the profile pictures :O Video was really nice too.
I noticed that there were no professional photos, which was kind of disappointing. One suggestion I would have for next year would be to ask student photographers/contacting photo club to go around and take pictures of people! Everyone loves pictures.
This has already been mentioned a lot, but the homecoming results announcement was a let down :( Make sure to make it more clear with the DJ next time!
Props to social for organizing a great dance :)
ReplyDeleteI think it would have been nice if there were food options besides waffles, I do know that you guys planned for one food truck, but that didn't end up happening, so maybe have multiple food trucks as well as other options that ASB sells. Also, in my opinion drinks and WATER should always be sold in all events. I think the tables outside the cove were a good place for people to hangout. good job social
Something I want to note was that the asking for volunteer for waffle sales. Since that facebook post was in the leadership facebook group, then it means that it is open for all. However, since you did the comment system, how did you select the volunteers? You only needed 4 people per shift, and there were definitely more than 4 people who wanted to help. You didn't really announce who got the shift, so when there were too many people who went to help out, who did you select? Since it was also for volunteer hours, did you give it all that signed up despite the amount of volunteers was over? Or did you not give it to anyone?
ReplyDeleteI didn't attend the dance because I had a live chat class, however, I really wanted to help afterwards and go to the dance. But since you didn't announce who got selected, I didn't know if it was worth it to go and test out my luck on whether I got it or not. I just think that it would be really nice if you announced it before hand so people know. :D
I heard some really good feedback on the dance overall, so great job social!!
I thought the dance was great,but I have a few suggestions.
ReplyDeleteMaybe buy more whipped cream next time, people seem to really like whipped cream. Also try to find more space for us to work. I found the area we were given very small and super cramped. Also having a table in the back to make waffles and a table in the front to decorate wouldn't be a bad idea. For making waffles, Have a few people delegated to making the batter and others making the waffles, this way people wouldn't have to wait in line for like 10 minutes at a time. Also being more prepared, like having a whisk and having extension ready in case of anything.
Also having the photo booth in a different place would be great. It made the area between the gym and the cove very crowded. Also blocking areas for people to go in and out of the cove.
Overall I thought the dance was great and the waffles were a great idea. WE SOLD OUT!!!
Good job Social!
ReplyDeleteI found the dance to be a very enjoyable experience! However, I've noticed a lot more negative aspects than the other homecoming dances prior to this one.
First off, there weren't professional photos taken aside from the ones at the photobooth. A lot of students came to the dance expecting to have their photos taken there and found it a surprise that it wasn't present this year. I heard your problem regarding not being able to have the photographer come, perhaps we can consider having yearbook take the photos in this kind of situation for commission? They've done these kind of photos for the blue pearl dances before.
There was also a lot of complaint regarding how the DJ announced the winning class. The DJ simply didn't put enough energy/enthusiasm into announcing that the freshmen came in fourth place. Also, the 2017 CP didn't receive the trophy he should've received until he asked for it. This is probably a problem on miscommunication?
I also noticed that the check in system broke down half way through allowing students to enter. We should probably get it fixed or invest in a new system? Also, the line was ridiculously long (which is a good and bad thing.) As Ahana pointed out in class, it took her 30 minutes to get in. Personally, I wouldn't want to come to a dance on time and waste 30 minutes or more waiting to get in. Perhaps we can open up another line or two?
Lastly, some students were expecting to buy food and drinks from the food truck that didn't show up. This was remedied by us selling waffles, but the food truck would of made a nice addition to the atmosphere of the dance.
The dance was still great despite all these negative aspects as I had much fun with many of my friends who showed up. I felt that promotion for the dance worked out pretty good and reached out to a lot of underclassmen, motivating them to come.
Props to social for a wonderful dance :)
Some small comments:
ReplyDelete1) I realize the food truck bailed on us, but I think this should have been communicated to the student body! (on the event page, perhaps?) That way it doesn't seem like we just weren't delivering on what we promised.
2) Waffle supplies! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind driving around to get more whipped cream, but I think it'd be nice if we could track data from this dance and figure out exactly how much waffle making material we might need for future dances so we can avoid the last-minute scrambling of this dance. It would have been nice too if I had also been asked a bit earlier (before the dance) if I could pick up supplies :)
PS: I still have the receipt for the whipped cream, who can I give that to for reimbursement purposes?
3) How much money did we end up making/spending on this dance? jw
4) I think this has already been touched on many times, but I also noticed the lackluster homecoming result announcement ^^ -> definitely a big room for improvement for next year's Homecoming dance!
Overall good job - I especially had a great time snuggling with Harsh in the auditorium watching dash put thumbtacks on teachers' chairs :P
I basically agree with everything Will said above!! Especially about communicating more with the students about everything. Even a post a couple hours before the dance (a hype post!!) would've been nice. BUT overall you guys did a great job and handled the ticketing shutdown/food truck fiasco with grace and calmness :) PROUD OF YOU GUYS <3
ReplyDeleteThe dance was really well put together. Despite the fact that the food truck didn't show up, i think the waffles backup was a really good save. Also, there was a photobooth but i think we should add like a photo backdrop in the cove so people can take pics there too. I know there were a lot of people who didn't get a chance to go to the photobooth because of the long lines.
ReplyDeleteBut throughout all the unpredictable mishaps, the dance was still super enjoyable!
For set up, I sat around a lot of the time because I did not know what to do. I think there were more people than there were needed (this also happened for clean up for the back to school dance).
ReplyDeleteI noticed that the stars on the cove were still up will they be up for the rest of the school year?
Overall it was a nice dance. Good Job Social!
Also, shoutout to Diya for being a trouper after she cut her toe!!!!!!!
I had a lot of fun at the dance!
ReplyDeleteFor set-up:
The balloon arch from the gates isn't the most aesthetic thing, maybe we could consider hanging it from the cove or something next time? Set-up in general was pretty chill, the homecoming decs looked great and it was nice to see everything getting reused. Next time, I think an explicit set-up protocol should be sent out (x person does this, y person does that) just to keep things a bit more organized and ensure that no one is sitting around.
For the actual dance, from what I saw, the waffle line was always long – but this was expected since the food truck bailed on us. In the case of bailing food trucks next time, I think we should still go out and buy drinks, we can easily sell them for $1 each and make profit, and quench the thirst of avid dancers. I wasn't too sure how popular the other activities were during the dance, but I think maybe putting the board games in the cove might be a good idea just so that there's enough light. I had a fun time dancing with my friends :)
For clean-up, it was quick and efficient, which was great, no major problems here. Pho was fun afterwards!!
I had a lot of fun at the dance!
ReplyDeleteFor set-up:
The balloon arch from the gates isn't the most aesthetic thing, maybe we could consider hanging it from the cove or something next time? Set-up in general was pretty chill, the homecoming decs looked great and it was nice to see everything getting reused. Next time, I think an explicit set-up protocol should be sent out (x person does this, y person does that) just to keep things a bit more organized and ensure that no one is sitting around.
For the actual dance, from what I saw, the waffle line was always long – but this was expected since the food truck bailed on us. In the case of bailing food trucks next time, I think we should still go out and buy drinks, we can easily sell them for $1 each and make profit, and quench the thirst of avid dancers. I wasn't too sure how popular the other activities were during the dance, but I think maybe putting the board games in the cove might be a good idea just so that there's enough light. I had a fun time dancing with my friends :)
For clean-up, it was quick and efficient, which was great, no major problems here. Pho was fun afterwards!!
I really liked the promo going into the dance, shoutout to Mira for the calligraphy on the profile pictures :O Video was really nice too.
ReplyDeleteI noticed that there were no professional photos, which was kind of disappointing. One suggestion I would have for next year would be to ask student photographers/contacting photo club to go around and take pictures of people! Everyone loves pictures.
This has already been mentioned a lot, but the homecoming results announcement was a let down :( Make sure to make it more clear with the DJ next time!
Comments from here on out, for this post, will not be graded.
ReplyDelete