Hello hello hello!!!!
Please comment below to give both positive + negative feedback!
Some things that were mentioned in class
- "insert title here" was still remaining in the video
Here is the video if you want to rewatch it again.
Thanks!
Great improvement over the previous video. Change of background were present to retain viewership. However, the sound still sounded a bit weird? A dedicated microphone is definitely worth an investment in this case. I also like how the recap from homecoming was included as many students enjoyed it. However, I find it really hard to edit well and push out the effects I was going for via iMovie. I would suggest utilizing our subscription (it will take some time to learn and it's not as convenient) and try editing with Adobe Premiere Pro. One last thing, communication with the staff is something that should be worked on next time.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the HC aspect, it made it really hype :D Some concerns were the quality of the video, it seemed a bit blurry in the youtube video above. Also, make sure that each commission is prepared so there aren't any awkward moments (@ spirit's joke LOL).
ReplyDeleteOther main thing was just getting the video out on time, but we did what we could. Great job PR :)
I really liked the recap of homecoming and it was a good use of video time. Sorry about the joke thing btw. I think that overall the videos work pretty well, but I think trying to find new locations to film the video might be helpful. I remember that last year some were filmed in the sunroom? That seemed to work since it was a quite place with minimal distractions.
ReplyDeleteI like the HC review too! I think there could be more transition videos to another commission or topic so people would know more of what's going on. I also agree on a more consistent background so there are less distractions.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Francis that you guys have improved from the past videos this year, but I also agree with Alison that there were distractions and other things that could have been approved. However, I think by the end of this year you guys will have perfected the ASB video!
ReplyDeleteThe videos have been improving a lot!! :0 However, I agree that the wind was a little distracting and the transitions were pretty abrupt. Also, sometimes the text disappeared too quickly. The way the homecoming montage was matched to the music was cool, but it was strange to layer the homecoming skit audio right over the music. Overall nice job!!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with what was said above about the transitions being a bit abrupt. The wind and background didn't really distract me, but I agree that sound quality could be better. The homecoming montage was great, but I have a couple pieces of feedback. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the same background music was used for the senior homecoming theme release. I think we should try to get a variety of songs, especially because that video was released so recently. Also (this is a bit specific and nitpicky), right after the 2019 gauntlet video, there were a couple of decs that were shown (2017 and 2020) and I personally didn't really like the random placement of those clips. Looking forward to the next one!
ReplyDeleteI thought this month's PR video was a huge improvement. I think something to consider is really establishing within the people around that you guys are filming and they should be quiet. There's a lot of background noise throughout some of the clips which can make it hard to hear or be distracting to the viewers. In addition, the sound was a bit weird, and I definitely agree with Francis that perhaps you guys should invest in a microphone.
ReplyDeleteI believe someone mentioned in class something about letting the staff know that the PR video is also on the ASB website. I think this is a really good idea in case they don't receive the video for some reason.
I really loved the HC recap in the video. It was a great way to sum everything up and was done very well.
I think that the monthly videos have improved so much since the beginning of the year. I definitely enjoyed the homecoming clips!! they were so hype and the transitions were much better.
ReplyDeleteI think something to improve on is the audio. Have you guys thought about investing in anything that could kind of block off the wind like that mic thing that you guys used last year?
Other than that, I really enjoyed the video :)
Improvement!! I really enjoyed the HC recap it really brought it out. also maybe next double checking everything has been done, such as putting it on unlisted.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Juney on the audio aspect. Try to keep the audio consistent with all videos, including the HC recap.
Other than that amazing job!
I thought the video was really nicely organized and professional. The HC recap was also enjoyable to watch. Sometimes the text disappeared a bit too quickly, and I was confused why there was a picture of a 2020 dec after one of the other classes' gauntlet run-through. As everyone else said, the sound quality could be improved.
ReplyDeleteThe videos are definitely getting better and better. I think maybe PR could work on the transitions in between the shots? Since a lot of the subject changes are rather abrupt. Maybe have intro slides?
ReplyDeleteI personally haven't seen this video, but from what I heard from my friends is that this one was pretty good, and potentially the best one from this year! However, they said that the audio was a little bit weird, and I am seeing that feedback from others here as well. So yeah, audio is the one place that needs a bit of adjusting, but other than these videos are looking pretty darn good. Keep up the good work guys! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat video, great idea!
ReplyDeleteThe senior class officers were great actors and great sports. Things I heard from the student body, however, were why ASB were putting their own people as actors for videos. Definitely a different vibe, give it some thought!
Great video though, and quality filming/ editing!
Hello!
ReplyDeleteI think it was overall pretty good besides minor editing problems like the *insert title here* and the 0:11 where the clubs title was too light and faded a bit too fast. I think you should also include some sort of short graphic that displays the points that each commission talks about as we talk about it because often just listening can be tuned out.
I liked your text at the bottom right that listed dates and names as people were speaking. It made it a lot easier to follow along. Maybe you guys could bump up exposure just for aesthetics, but that's just a superficial improvement. Content-wise, you guys are golden.
ReplyDeleteComments from here on out, for this post, will not be graded.
ReplyDelete