Saturday, December 17, 2016

Food Truck Fest

Hey Leadership!

To those of you who came to Food Truck Fest we hope you had a fun time! Please give Social some feedback on the event. Let us know things that you liked and things that we can improve on in the future. Thanks!!

-ASB Social

4 comments:

  1. I think the promo for food truck fest was better this year compared to last, however there were still many people confused about the location of food truck fest and what exactly it was. The mini food trucks around the school were a really nice touch, but i think there could have been more trucks floating around or maybe some more different promotion tactics. flyers on poles? chalk writing? window marker promo on the cafeteria (imagine trader joes window art but for our events instead on the cove/cafeteria windows)

    Also, someone behind me in line (while waiting for my food) commented how these food trucks were a lot better this year compared to last. Personally, my favorite food truck was sodacraft, it was cheaper than the others, they're leniency on changing things on the menu, and they were super nice about their smudged signs. I think they are a definite food truck to bring back next time. The boba truck was maybe a success (i think the popularity of the boba truck might have been better in hot weather.) Maybe a note for next time's december food truck would be looking for a drink truck that served hot drinks. The chicken truck was good, but it was a bit slow which I think made people lose interest. I know the speed of the trucks isnt something you guys can change, but i think it could be something that should be considered when getting these trucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree in that promotion for food truck fest could have covered a little more about what exactly it was. Clubs also ran into this issue this year during club food day (we assumed that having "food" in the event name would be obvious enough, but apparently not). A lot of underclassmen I talked to still didn't quite understand the concept of the food truck fest (or didn't know when or where the event was happening?). I'd say that this isn't due to any fault on social's behalf, but rather a lack of attention on the student's part, as you guys put a lot of effort into promoting the event. But, perhaps next time you guys could specify a little more in promotions just in case.

      Delete
  2. I went to food trust fest and I think it went well considering the rain :(

    For promo, the food truck posters were cute and attractive but I the ASB videos could've been more exciting (rather than just like another announcement) like clubs has done for previous Club Food Days.

    The actual event attracted a lot of students after school, especially under classmen who couldn't leave campus for food. The lines were a bit crowded, but that's a given considering the rain. I personally tried the boba truck and the truck on the most right side (farthest from the speakers) and while the food was a bit pricey, the quality as great and the wait time wasn't overwhelming. If possible for next year, I think it'd be a good idea to get maybe 2-3 more food trucks and make sure they stick to their contracts!! :P

    Overall I think the event went well despite the rain, which we couldn't control. Great job Social!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Food Truck Fest, and I agree with Lilian, it went well even though it was pretty windy and there was lots of rain. I think this year's food trucks were a lot better than last years, higher quality food, even if was a little pricey. Maybe next year we could gather more tents in case rain happens again?

    ReplyDelete