I really liked how you guys tried to do something unique with this video, I think it was a big success. The editing made me laugh a couple times, and I think continuing to make the videos humorous is a great way to increase the attention that the videos get. If the vlog style were to be continued, I think having the commissions film themselves would be a cool idea, and would seem more natural. If they shared what they were working on during a breakout time when it was clear that there was stuff going on all around them it might turn out well, just a thought. The videos keep getting better and better, keep it up!
I think the vlog-style video was a nice change compared to the previous ASB videos! However, I think the video was a bit awkward since commissions were not allowed to talk when they were not presenting which made the classroom really quiet... Perhaps if we try this again next time, we add background music.
Also the fact that we finished filming in two takes was pretty impressive and the athletics blooper finished off the video well. Great job PR!!
Definitely thought this was the best PR video to release this year. I loved the editing and thought it was really funny! Something I think should be considered for future PR videos is to make it less scripted; although I think it's good to have an idea of what to say, we shouldn't be planning out exactly what to say beforehand because it gets really awkward. I think if we don't have a script, the video becomes much more natural and genuine.
Even if people mess up, that's fine! I think that in most cases, mess-ups are funny to include in the video (sort of like a blooper, except not at the end). An example of this was like when social was introducing themselves and the video included had the blooper there instead at the end.
GOOOOOOOOD JOB JAMIE+ALISON I am sooooooooooo happy that you guys thought of this idea. It is great to see such unique ideas come to life in leadership. I am really proud of you guys and I would definitely agree with others that it was the best pr video so far. I think the students enjoyed this as well because they could actually see how working in ASB is like and kind of catch us in the moment. However, I do agree that it might have felt a bit scripted especially aayush's part LOL. Maybe, just vlog it without telling us in advance like mira does and ask us what we are doing, because then it will definitely be more natural and organic. Hats off to you guys for stepping out of your comfort zone and trying a new idea!!! :)
Hey Jamie, I just wanted to say that I loved this new way of formatting the ASB video. It was definitely a good twist, and I thought that it was a success. My one recommendation would be to maybe have a few more practice run throughs before we actually go through with the final recording. I know a lot of people may have been very awkward or messed up at certain points, so I think maybe a bit more time to practice would have been good. Other than that, I thought it was great!
Great job to PR on the best ASB video I have personally seen in high school mainly because of the new style of the video. The vlog style made it more informal but still gave important information. It was always WAY more entertaining to watch. Something that we could be worked on is making the video less scripted because that would sound better. The editing and adding bloopers added to the funniness of the video!
I thought this video had a really fun and unique approach to PR videos, and the editing worked really well because it made the video funnier. I liked how instead of trying to maintain a "professional" image like our PR videos in the past, it was able to portray us as more genuine and down-to-earth people. Like everyone else said, we could try this again but not focus on making it perfect, and instead try to act and sound more natural. I could visibly see some people looking at their phones or hesitating before they spoke as they tried to remember their lines. We don't have to actually have a script, and we could make the video more informal next time as well. I think this was the best PR video so far and you guys definitely did really well with it.
Video was good! Really unique idea, props to PR for trying new things :)
I thought the video was a little awkward though- maybe next time allowing people to talk in the back? The general mood of the video is a little stiff, letting people talk/chill in the background could help everything seem a lot more natural. Music wasn't very loud either.
I wouldn't really say the video was a vlog either? It was more like a PR video taken in one shot in the ASB room.
The video was pretty good and a nice change to the regular ASB monthly video format. It has certainly caught the attention of many students during class and many found it funny. I understand how the video was supposed to be a vlog, but it didn't really turn out to be and rather a one shot video, just like what David said. If we were to go with a one shot style video, the cuts in the video proved so otherwise. However, the video took a lot of planning to execute and you guys certainly did a good job. I can't wait to see what's to come in the second semester!
The video I think was a good new idea, but I think it can be much much better. For example I think the video, if we are going to do it like this again, needs to be less staged and more natural. However, I really did enjoy the little edits, and songs you put into the video such as the Will part where you zoomed in, and the part where you put the cricket sound when Michael didn't know what to say. So overall I think it can be better, but it was a pretty good start to trying a different type of video.
I loved this month's video - it showed the playful side of ASB, and it portrayed the announcements in a casual manner. The editing was great, in my opinion. The visuals were very helpful (and cute), it also gave students something to keep their attention focused on the video. The bloopers were funny, but perhaps add more clips? I thought the one video of Juney was funny, but there were other moments where we could have definitely added it in. I know this might be because of the cut down of time, so maybe set aside some time for that and give everyone a set given amount of time. I agree with David, it wasn't in a vlog style, where the person is filming it selfie-style and talking. The script may have kind of cut off the natural aspect of the vlog, so maybe something to improve on the next time we want to have this kind of video style.
I really liked how this month's video was very unique and different from previous monthly videos, and I thought that it had a more natural flow to it, as it was shot in one take. I think that next time we could definitely shoot in "selfie-style" just like what Zainab and David suggested. Great job pr/tech!
Just like the other commenters, I LOVED the unique concept of this video!!! I think it tried to answer one of the student body's questions: What exactly does ASB do in class all day? To those in 4th period, it may seem that the aroma of butter means that we pop popcorn all day, but filming us "working" as normal seemed to give the student body an idea of what we do. :)
Loved the initiative + captured the personalities of our commissions really well :) I'd definitely say for next time (if we do something similar again), doing it "real vlog" style would be pretty cool! I could see the camera being passed through different asbo's / commissions and talking about what's coming up! Even better would be doing something like walking around / a change in background to keep the video dynamic (e.g. someone starts in the den, then maybe goes to a person putting a poster up, to through office doing the announcements, then to the class, etc.). That would *really* show the school how we actually function (bc tbh I can't think of a day in leadership where everyone has actually stayed inside LOL.
Tons of potential if we decide to do this again, but great start! Looking forward to all the other cool ideas PR has in store :)
I love the vlog format of the video! It really shows our personalities and lets the student body know what we do as ASB. I liked how you added zoomed-in clips of people :)! Like a few people said above, I definitely think we should try making the video a selfie-style vlog. I would also suggest making it less scripted next time to make it more natural. Also, possibly adding soft background music to get rid of the awkward moments. Otherwise, I really liked it! great job :)
I really liked this style of monthly videos! However I agree with others about how it looks scripted/awkward. Some students told me that they liked the change, but it was a bit boring. I feel like it has to do with how we are all situated. Some people mentioned that the people in the background looked awkward because they were just sitting there. Overall, I really enjoyed the video :) I think as long as we keep everything organic/natural, this is definitely an idea that we should continue pursuing. I think we should do this vlog format during 2nd semester! Maybe in January?? because it's the first month we get back.
I agree with everyone else that this video was way more fun to film and watch! I like that y'all combined both the messy first take and the more proper second take to make it funnier, and cutting out the extra walking and waiting time was a really good idea. I also agree that we should try out a selfie-style video (that was what I had first imagined when you guys suggested a vlog). Overall this ASB video was wayyy more entertaining and wayyyyyyyy less awkward!! Great job!!!!
I loved this video. You guys are great for having the innovation to try something new. I've had teachers come up to me saying that they thoroughly enjoyed this month's video, and it's honestly one of the first times I've really heard of an ASB video being mentioned outside of 3rd period. The editing was fantastic. I assume filming took a lot less time than usual, since it was done in a 25 minute chunk rather than spread out throughout the week. I'd be down to do more vlog style videos next semester. Great job Jamie and Alison!
I really like this month's video! I think we should definitely continue doing videos like this that are more entertaining because the student body is a lot more engaged and therefore will really hear the information we're trying to send out. I do agree with what many people said above about how it was slightly awkward with it being scripted and silent in the background. Maybe people can still be allowed to talk in the back (so it's more casual) and the people actually talking about the information just has to speak up more. Also I think music playing in the background would be a good touch too! I really like the bloopers and the more playful inserts too as they're entertaining to the students and allows them to start off their class with something fun!
I personally didn't get to see the video, but from what I heard from multiple students it was a huge smash success. Good job jamie and alison!!!
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you guys tried to do something unique with this video, I think it was a big success. The editing made me laugh a couple times, and I think continuing to make the videos humorous is a great way to increase the attention that the videos get. If the vlog style were to be continued, I think having the commissions film themselves would be a cool idea, and would seem more natural. If they shared what they were working on during a breakout time when it was clear that there was stuff going on all around them it might turn out well, just a thought. The videos keep getting better and better, keep it up!
ReplyDeleteI think the vlog-style video was a nice change compared to the previous ASB videos! However, I think the video was a bit awkward since commissions were not allowed to talk when they were not presenting which made the classroom really quiet... Perhaps if we try this again next time, we add background music.
ReplyDeleteAlso the fact that we finished filming in two takes was pretty impressive and the athletics blooper finished off the video well. Great job PR!!
Definitely thought this was the best PR video to release this year. I loved the editing and thought it was really funny! Something I think should be considered for future PR videos is to make it less scripted; although I think it's good to have an idea of what to say, we shouldn't be planning out exactly what to say beforehand because it gets really awkward. I think if we don't have a script, the video becomes much more natural and genuine.
ReplyDeleteEven if people mess up, that's fine! I think that in most cases, mess-ups are funny to include in the video (sort of like a blooper, except not at the end). An example of this was like when social was introducing themselves and the video included had the blooper there instead at the end.
Good job Jamie and Alison!!
GOOOOOOOOD JOB JAMIE+ALISON I am sooooooooooo happy that you guys thought of this idea. It is great to see such unique ideas come to life in leadership. I am really proud of you guys and I would definitely agree with others that it was the best pr video so far. I think the students enjoyed this as well because they could actually see how working in ASB is like and kind of catch us in the moment. However, I do agree that it might have felt a bit scripted especially aayush's part LOL. Maybe, just vlog it without telling us in advance like mira does and ask us what we are doing, because then it will definitely be more natural and organic. Hats off to you guys for stepping out of your comfort zone and trying a new idea!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHey Jamie, I just wanted to say that I loved this new way of formatting the ASB video. It was definitely a good twist, and I thought that it was a success. My one recommendation would be to maybe have a few more practice run throughs before we actually go through with the final recording. I know a lot of people may have been very awkward or messed up at certain points, so I think maybe a bit more time to practice would have been good. Other than that, I thought it was great!
ReplyDeleteGreat job to PR on the best ASB video I have personally seen in high school mainly because of the new style of the video. The vlog style made it more informal but still gave important information. It was always WAY more entertaining to watch. Something that we could be worked on is making the video less scripted because that would sound better. The editing and adding bloopers added to the funniness of the video!
ReplyDeleteI thought this video had a really fun and unique approach to PR videos, and the editing worked really well because it made the video funnier. I liked how instead of trying to maintain a "professional" image like our PR videos in the past, it was able to portray us as more genuine and down-to-earth people. Like everyone else said, we could try this again but not focus on making it perfect, and instead try to act and sound more natural. I could visibly see some people looking at their phones or hesitating before they spoke as they tried to remember their lines. We don't have to actually have a script, and we could make the video more informal next time as well. I think this was the best PR video so far and you guys definitely did really well with it.
ReplyDeleteVideo was good! Really unique idea, props to PR for trying new things :)
ReplyDeleteI thought the video was a little awkward though- maybe next time allowing people to talk in the back? The general mood of the video is a little stiff, letting people talk/chill in the background could help everything seem a lot more natural. Music wasn't very loud either.
I wouldn't really say the video was a vlog either? It was more like a PR video taken in one shot in the ASB room.
Overall though, good job pr 😀 🔥 😀 🔥
The video was pretty good and a nice change to the regular ASB monthly video format. It has certainly caught the attention of many students during class and many found it funny. I understand how the video was supposed to be a vlog, but it didn't really turn out to be and rather a one shot video, just like what David said. If we were to go with a one shot style video, the cuts in the video proved so otherwise. However, the video took a lot of planning to execute and you guys certainly did a good job. I can't wait to see what's to come in the second semester!
ReplyDeleteThe video I think was a good new idea, but I think it can be much much better. For example I think the video, if we are going to do it like this again, needs to be less staged and more natural. However, I really did enjoy the little edits, and songs you put into the video such as the Will part where you zoomed in, and the part where you put the cricket sound when Michael didn't know what to say. So overall I think it can be better, but it was a pretty good start to trying a different type of video.
ReplyDeleteI loved this month's video - it showed the playful side of ASB, and it portrayed the announcements in a casual manner. The editing was great, in my opinion. The visuals were very helpful (and cute), it also gave students something to keep their attention focused on the video. The bloopers were funny, but perhaps add more clips? I thought the one video of Juney was funny, but there were other moments where we could have definitely added it in. I know this might be because of the cut down of time, so maybe set aside some time for that and give everyone a set given amount of time. I agree with David, it wasn't in a vlog style, where the person is filming it selfie-style and talking. The script may have kind of cut off the natural aspect of the vlog, so maybe something to improve on the next time we want to have this kind of video style.
ReplyDeleteI really liked how this month's video was very unique and different from previous monthly videos, and I thought that it had a more natural flow to it, as it was shot in one take. I think that next time we could definitely shoot in "selfie-style" just like what Zainab and David suggested. Great job pr/tech!
ReplyDeleteJust like the other commenters, I LOVED the unique concept of this video!!! I think it tried to answer one of the student body's questions: What exactly does ASB do in class all day? To those in 4th period, it may seem that the aroma of butter means that we pop popcorn all day, but filming us "working" as normal seemed to give the student body an idea of what we do. :)
ReplyDeleteLoved the initiative + captured the personalities of our commissions really well :) I'd definitely say for next time (if we do something similar again), doing it "real vlog" style would be pretty cool! I could see the camera being passed through different asbo's / commissions and talking about what's coming up! Even better would be doing something like walking around / a change in background to keep the video dynamic (e.g. someone starts in the den, then maybe goes to a person putting a poster up, to through office doing the announcements, then to the class, etc.). That would *really* show the school how we actually function (bc tbh I can't think of a day in leadership where everyone has actually stayed inside LOL.
ReplyDeleteTons of potential if we decide to do this again, but great start! Looking forward to all the other cool ideas PR has in store :)
I love the vlog format of the video! It really shows our personalities and lets the student body know what we do as ASB. I liked how you added zoomed-in clips of people :)! Like a few people said above, I definitely think we should try making the video a selfie-style vlog. I would also suggest making it less scripted next time to make it more natural. Also, possibly adding soft background music to get rid of the awkward moments. Otherwise, I really liked it! great job :)
ReplyDeleteI really liked this style of monthly videos! However I agree with others about how it looks scripted/awkward. Some students told me that they liked the change, but it was a bit boring. I feel like it has to do with how we are all situated. Some people mentioned that the people in the background looked awkward because they were just sitting there. Overall, I really enjoyed the video :) I think as long as we keep everything organic/natural, this is definitely an idea that we should continue pursuing.
ReplyDeleteI think we should do this vlog format during 2nd semester! Maybe in January?? because it's the first month we get back.
I agree with everyone else that this video was way more fun to film and watch! I like that y'all combined both the messy first take and the more proper second take to make it funnier, and cutting out the extra walking and waiting time was a really good idea. I also agree that we should try out a selfie-style video (that was what I had first imagined when you guys suggested a vlog). Overall this ASB video was wayyy more entertaining and wayyyyyyyy less awkward!! Great job!!!!
ReplyDeleteI loved this video. You guys are great for having the innovation to try something new. I've had teachers come up to me saying that they thoroughly enjoyed this month's video, and it's honestly one of the first times I've really heard of an ASB video being mentioned outside of 3rd period. The editing was fantastic. I assume filming took a lot less time than usual, since it was done in a 25 minute chunk rather than spread out throughout the week. I'd be down to do more vlog style videos next semester. Great job Jamie and Alison!
ReplyDeleteI really like this month's video! I think we should definitely continue doing videos like this that are more entertaining because the student body is a lot more engaged and therefore will really hear the information we're trying to send out. I do agree with what many people said above about how it was slightly awkward with it being scripted and silent in the background. Maybe people can still be allowed to talk in the back (so it's more casual) and the people actually talking about the information just has to speak up more. Also I think music playing in the background would be a good touch too! I really like the bloopers and the more playful inserts too as they're entertaining to the students and allows them to start off their class with something fun!
ReplyDelete