Monday, November 21, 2016

November ASB Video

Hey guys!

Please comment below with positive and negative feedback for the November ASB video.

Thanks!

Here is the link to watch it again: November Video

18 comments:

  1. Another great video!! :))) It was nice that Evan was sitting down because I feel like that made it less awkward... We should probably just have everyone sit down... However, it would have been nice if there had been captions with important information (urls, dates) while people were giving announcements about upcoming events. I also found it strange that the halloween speaking portion and photo montage weren't put together. Overall the video was well-edited and very smooth though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree. I believe you guys have done this before in a past ASB video. Not necessarily full captions, but just text at the bottom corner with the most important bits from what the person is saying in the video.

      The quality of your videos are getting better and better each time. Good job PR!

      Delete
    2. I also agree with Leia. I feel like a consistent setting would be a good idea since it'll make the video look neater and also give it a more professional look.
      I also think that the caption idea would be great since it will catch the students' attention.
      Overall, this month's video looks really nice!

      Delete
  2. Agree with Leia! I think we should have everyone in the same setting (the PR videos in the library sun room from last year were really good!!) and sitting down. The differing scenes and sound quality was a little awkward. PR should analyze news reports and give ASB tips on how to act natural when you're not the one talking LOL. Other than that, it was great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the video looked professional and was very well put together. I agree that maybe we could add more captions all throughout the video for people to look at and remember the main ideas of what people are talking about in the video. Also, it was a little strange to not have music in the beginning and then suddenly music when it got to the Halloween part. It would've been better for the whole commission to announce the athletes of the season because it didn't seem very enthusiastic with just one person. Overall, I think you did a really good job with the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah I agree with Leia too that we should have a standard location/position for most of the video clips, but maybe we can change the location only once to emphasize on something. For example: if a dance is coming up, then we can have all the commissions sit in the same place, but social could be elsewhere to make the section promoting the dance seem different and to place emphasis on it. Besides that good job Zainab and Aayush :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Idea for the pictures; to keep it consistent with video, how about asking all the costumers to meet somewhere (making a post in the lynbrook page before the day of) ex: top of quad, and then doing a mini lip dub-esque zoom through wiht just the costumers??

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was definitely an improvement in quality of the video! I liked how the transitions between parts were smoother and not choppy. I think you could've added captions to the halloween pictures (who, what they were, etc). I also think that you should keep the background of each clip the same but I think that's just a personal preference. Otherwise, good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought this video was a huge improvement compared to the last video, great job PR! All I have to say is that I agree with the previous comments about possibly having people sit down while they're talking to make it less awkward. I also think there should be captions, especially for important information (links, dates, times, etc.).

    Overall, great job on this video!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everyone that this video was a huge improvement. I also agree on people sitting down, especially since it does make it feel less awkward. Transitions were smoother, sound was good. Why change scenes though? Captions would be good as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job to PR on another well made video! Somethings that could be improved are, including URLs or dates for anything that has them. As for setting, I personally think that the spot next to the ASB office is great because theres a nice background and also the sound quality is good. In the sunroom, theres a bit of an echo when someone speaks. Communication for when we would be filming the video was very smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This episode of the ASB Monthly Video shows major improvement compared to the previous episodes. It's great to see a format becoming established through the video style, locations, text labels and the scene of important dates. One thing that will needs improvement however is the audio. Background noises can be easily heard and sometimes are distracting. In situations like this, a boom microphone is ideal. On top of that, I also like how some Halloween costumes were shown, but it was somewhat awkward as there were no smooth transition for the audio. A gradually build up from no volume to normal volume would solve the trick. Also the black bars around the image give a sense of awkwardness too. This is possible due to the way the photos are shot (horizontal or vertical) but I think adding simple like a blurred version of the photo behind the actual photo will add a lot more production value. Lastly, I like how the important dates were added at the end, but we should definitely put the snapcode up on there to make it easier for students to add us on snapchat. Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed with all of the above on captions + urls!

    Also seconded with Francis. on the snapcode, or if not the snapcode, at least the snapchat username (so they can manually add).

    Maybe one thing to include at the end of every video would be all of our methods of communication? ASB website, remind texts, and the snapcode! That way people are constantly reminded of everything we have out there.

    Another room for improvement is general audio / music transitions. I thought the music from the intro slide --> the first person speaking was a little bit awkward / a mismatch of how "hype" it was.

    Solid video, and looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots and lots of improvements on this video :) I agree with everyone about the captions + having everyone say their lines in the same place for smoother transitions.

    I don't think that the music at the beginning/end fit the rest of the rest of the video well though.

    I really really liked the Halloween footage! Just like with the homecoming recap video, footage of ASB events ensures that the student body doesn't immediately forget about the event, which is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe working a little on camera acting or speaking effectively would be something to work on, I know communication skills was something that we talked about in class today that hasn't been addressed. Sound quality is variable, it might be a good idea to invest in lapel mics so that it stays consistent. Although it does mean that not everyone gets to participate, I think the quality of the announcements suffers when we have everyone from the commission stand in front of the camera and share. Switching from one person to the next is awkward and often the announcement can be done just as easily by one person than by three or four. I think having only one person for the spirit part worked better, and it was less of a time commitment for the whole commission since we all didn't have to be there, and it was much smoother to film just me. The video was a huge improvement all around and I can't wait to see the videos that you guys make next!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great video, incredible improvement off of last time! Captions would be great and I agree with a lot of what Evan said. I know this is a huge video, so don't be afraid to delegate.

    Find a way to increase communication between us and the school, add some links to our social media.

    Other than that, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice video definitely crisp and clean in my opinion thus I do agree with Evan as well that maybe enhanced speaking skills could be something if you are trying to focus on. Definitely it's hard to take care of everything, but Great Job and Shout Out to you guys!

    ReplyDelete