Friday, November 11, 2016

IDC Dance | 11/10

Please give us feedback on the IDC dance as well as Lynbrook specific-promotion!

We would like to close this blog opportunity on Wednesday, 11/16, so that we can compile final information for our outro.

17 comments:

  1. First of all, props to IDC on organizing such a great event. For Lynbrook promo, many people knew about the dance thanks to the stickers and profile pic. It was also great of you guys to have the "six reasons to go" post on facebook, but I think there could have been more ways to let the student body know about what the dance offered. Maybe we could have printed out flyers that we could post around campus that talked about the reasons. The best thing about the dance was the fact that there was so much there. I liked how the only fee, was to enter into the dance and then after that there was free popcorn, ice cream, and dipping dots! The DJ wasn't that good but not too bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the promo this year was pretty good! The stickers definitely worked well since throughout the day I had several people ask me about the sticker. The only thing about the promo is that a lot of people didn't know where they could buy tickets. Maybe next year, on the posters and fb pics you guys could include where to buy the tickets, so that it would be more convenient for those who decide to go. Overall, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have anything to say about promotion and the dance, but great job IDC for putting such a good event. However, since the promo included the clubs very last minute, I don't think a lot of clubs knew about it. Since I was selling ticket for most of the time, I noticed that not everyone that came knew about the clubs being part of it, and we were not consistent with informing the clubs. Maybe next time let the clubs know 1 week in advance or just not implement it at all?

    Overall, great job! Props to Jennifer for amazing cotton candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nearly all aspects of the event pretty well from my observation. Promotion started earlier enough and all promotional material are pretty high quality. I felt that aspects like the stickers, "6 reasons to go" post and the giant aurora poster really helped us push out the message. Something that I noticed we need work on is with volunteers. The sign up sheet wasn't posted and people who signed up might have forgot what shift they're doing. Dance wise, it was alright. A lot of students complained about the DJ, saying the music was either really out of place or just full of EDM/Mixer music. I've spoke with a few people attending schools outside of Lynbrook right after the dance and they said it was "alright, wasn't that bad or that good." Attendance was better than I expected as I remember one IDC dance got canceled due to low attendance a few years ago. The addition of free food was pretty nice as well. Overall, I had a good time. Props to IDC (y)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Overall I would say it seemed pretty successful. I wasn't able to attend the dance itself so I can only speak to the promotion aspect, but that went off pretty well. The planning seemed sort of last minute when discussing it in leadership but it was implemented well. I really liked the six reasons to go picture, but I agree with Tiffany that people seemed to not know where they had to buy tickets, the location of where stuff needs to be purchased or where the event it seems to be left off of a lot of the promo we do, so we should be more aware of that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed the dance and thought it was organized really well. The promotion was good, but there seemed to be a few aspects that were confusing. Some of my friends didn't know where to purchase tickets, and were also unaware they could support a club by going, so maybe better communication with clubs can be considered. I also really liked the overall designs of the posters and promo pictures.

    Overall, it was a great dance and I had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed with everything above in terms of ticket location as well as promotion --> it really did finally come off as an ASB event, as compared to some higher level district event, which in previous years was always a problem.

    The dance itself felt a little cramped - perhaps expanding the boundary that the caution tape expanded would have been nice! There was no where to really go and just "relax". I would also say offering some sort of a drink would have been good! After getting all sweaty and tired from dancing, buttery popcorn/cotton candy weren't the most appealing items to eat LOL. I was also missing our boi DJ Dave :( music choice was definitely not for me, but it got people pumped!

    Aside from all of that though, it was an extremely well organized event and I had a good time getting lit! The glow sticks were a nice touch too!

    Nice job IDC!! (Wicky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the promotion this year was good, especially the stickers! The only real problem I saw in the promotion, was that there weren't enough posters saying that theres a dance coming up. I feel like people need a visual around campus to remind them that there is a dance, and this helps the people remember even while passing from class to class. I saw that you put one up next to Mr. Penner's room, but I think another one or two would've been ideal. Also, I agree with Evan in saying that many people were not too sure where to buy tickets, since it was inside the Den. I think that can either be fixed by selling the tickets on the table such as in club food day, or by just having more Public announcements on where to buy tickets, and emphasize that it's on the top of the quad. Overall great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think promotion wise, it went really well. I think next IDC dance (if there is going to be one) should be targeted towards the underclassmen because they are the ones who are most likely going to attend. Based off of the people that I saw at the dance, it was mostly people who could drive. I think transportation is really hard for some people to arrange, but thats a hard problem to solve. I think the venue was a bit bright so the atmosphere wasn't as dance like. The lights outside were streaming into the cafeteria too much. The coat check in bags were a good idea (maybe we should add it to hc dance). Tbh i think we can use that as a promotion tactic somehow.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. The promotion for the dance was well thought out and unique, and I liked that there were new ways to promote it each day. However, I agree that the part about clubs winning money was too last-minute and therefore wasn't nearly as effective of an incentive as it could have been. For the dance itself, the music wasn't very up-to-date, and the venue was pretty bright. I agree with Adhiv that the outdoor space was quite cramped, and drinks would have been a good addition to the food options. Overall I think a lot of people had a good time with their friends, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the money incentive was relatively last minute. Leia and I ended up having to explain to each ticket buyer about the money reward, and they tended to go with whatever club name came to mind. However, promotion as a whole was different and fresh! I had quite a few people ask me why I had stickers on my face. Good job IDC!

      Delete
  11. I actually wasn't able to attend, but I heard that it was extremely fun from my friends who did attend.
    Also, congrats on getting more people from Lynbrook to show up. The promo was definitely much better this year (since there was more than just social media promo).
    I agree with Leia on the "club winning money" incentive. I feel like it would have definitely encouraged people to buy tickets if they knew about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wasn't able to attend, bit I heard it went well!

    Promo was great. I really liked the sticker idea and plenty of people asked about it. Agreeing with Tiffany, not a lot of people knew where to go to buy the tickets. I thought we could've made the promo more elaborate, such as hair-spraying our hair purple. That would've attracted a lot of attention

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wasn't about to attend the dance, but I thought that the promotion was really good. People actually went up to me and asked about the stickers, which is always a good thing. I would suggest maybe for the profile pictures next year to make them easier to read? The pictures were kind of hard to follow/ get information from.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't get to attend, but my friends who did go told me they had a good experience. I thought the online promotion was great with the six reasons to go and profile pictures, but we could've increased the promotion at school. I think a lot of people (particularly freshmen) weren't clear on what exactly the dance was and which people could go, which could've impacted their decision to go or not. I agree there could've been flyers posted around school, and we should advertise the money incentive more/earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The IDC dance was a blast if you were a Lynbrook student, because there was a mostly Lynbrook population at the Dance which means we did very good at promoting the dance. As well, I noticed that there were no Drinks except at the water fountain, and a lot of people were thirsty so maybe giving out/selling some type of drink.
    Everything else was pretty good in my opinion. Nice job IDC

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was unfortunately not available to make the IDC dance thus I heard a lot of great feedback. The DJ was apparently very lit and not only that but also there was a huge underclassmen show up especially from Lynbrook. Now that's a first. 2020 is rocking this year and I'm pretty sure all the other classes also like the dance. Good job IDC for promoting this event well.

    ReplyDelete