Thursday, November 10, 2016

Athlete of the Season Gift Ideas

Hey guys!

Please tell us if you have any gift ideas for the athletes. Remember we cannot give them gift cards as a gift since we won't be reimbursed. Each player will be receiving a gift with the cost of $10. So make sure your gift ideas is under that!

15 comments:

  1. Maybe a Starbucks package or something similar? Or a food care package kind of thing?
    Since there are only 2 athletes per season, you could definitely make the gift more personalized by asking their friends for their favorite foods or small things like stationary or books??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think personalized gifts are a good idea because it make the athlete feel more special. Or they can be personalized to the sport, like for soccer you would get soccer related gifts. It might be boring knowing that you will get the same thing as your previous friends who might have gotten athlete of the season awards. However, if it were to be standard gifts, I think a "Care package" would be a good idea. Such as a "movie care package" (include a movie, some candy, soda, microwave popcorn, etc.), or "away game package" (include gatorade, energy bars, a fun puzzle, mad libs, etc.), or "(insert color) care package" (include foods or items of that color).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this idea! Maybe we could combine both a personalized gift with a standard care package. Maybe a goodie bag with stickers or items resembling their sport?

      Delete
  3. Chocolate or a personalized ball/ item from their sport

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think personalized gifts would be perfect to give! Some personalized gifts that could be given include:

    - water bottle with their name on it

    - if any photographer took a picture of them while they were playing their sport, framing that picture and giving it could work

    -coffee mug with "athlete of the season" and their name written on

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the personalized idea!

    I also like @Amrit's comment above about mugs -- there are very reasonably priced customizable mugs that you can even include pictures on.

    + Food

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that having customized Lynbrook Nike Elites or socks in general would be really fun to do. I know that those are especially popular amongst basketball players, but I think it'd be pretty useful for nearly every sport except for maybe swimming and water polo...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any particular ideas for physical gifts unfortunately :( Maybe a lynbrook athletics lanyard?

    One suggestion/thought that came to mind while I was thinking about this: in addition to preparing a physical/material gift, it would be good to also think about the presentation of the award - part of what makes awards meaningful is the sense of public recognition/appreciation that comes with them! How are you planning on giving out thee awards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were thinking of giving them their present during their 3rd period class and putting up posters with pictures of each athlete and description of them including all awards and titles they have won around school

      Delete
  8. I definitely think a personalized gift is much cooler and special. Unfortunately I don't have any ideas that are under $10, so to me the most practical idea given that price limit would just be a basket with a variety of food. Maybe the basket can be similar to the ones they give out at valks shows? (filled with food and looks nice)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Something related to their sport would definitely be cute! If there's nothing cheap/significant enough that stands out, I would consider what a few people mentioned above about a care package, but maybe filled with energy drinks and food for games!

    One interesting thing to maybe consider is partnering up with the Athletics department to make this an official award? One of those nice plaques that they hand out season awards on (like the scholar athelete / MVP awards) would be really sick.

    Seconded on Will's comment on considering how they'll be presented as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the idea of teaming up with the athletics department and will definitely consider it!

      Delete
  10. All my gift ideas are a lot over $10, but maybe you can ask their friends for what their favorite snacks/ sports drinks are. Also maybe you can write a card with everyone on the teams signature, or a personal message form the teammates and the coach. Its always really motivating to receive a personal congratulations from teammates and especially your coach. I also agree with Will in saying that presentation is key. So try giving them the gifts in grand ways, such as calling the whole team to the quad, or giving them the gifts int eh quad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with the idea that the gift should be corresponding to the specific sport they play for, and also, that the team should be involved. An idea I have is to get in touch with the team, find cool athletic shots and make a personalized box with their pictures on it. Throughout the comments, I saw that you should give them their favorite foods or just little gifts that are useful.

    I like Adhiv's idea, to have a cool trophy with "Athlete of the Season," but not sure if it's more than $10.

    Maybe increase the budget if you can?

    ReplyDelete
  12. For next time, maybe we could also give gifts that aren't related to sports because these athletes are always playing sports, and they would probably also like getting something nice that isn't sports-related for once. I really like the idea of the gifts being personalized, and writing cards of congratulations/appreciation would be very meaningful as well.

    ReplyDelete