Tech would still like to get some feedback regarding our homecoming documentation project.
We briefly talked about the following items in class:
- Driving traffic to the ASB website for photos + videos is a good way of utilizing the website.
- Late release of photos + video had many students complaining, a expected date of release should be announced.
- Albeit the release was late, it's nice to know when they'll be coming.
- Students enjoyed the 360 videos we've experimented with this year.
- 360 videos didn't work well with all devices.
- Quality for most of the photos were spectacular, but there were a couple photos that weren't edited.
- Many students recognized and appreciate tech's effort.
- 2018 liked how planter boxes were recognized via the planter box video.
- 2019 appreciates all the work tech put into documenting homecoming.
- 2020 also liked how tech took pictures and videos because many students liked to post them.
- It would be nice to see markers for dances in the video description, perhaps separate video for separate dances?
Thanks!
~Tech
There's not a lot to be said that hasn't been mentioned above. To go with the issue about the release of the photos, it also wasn't very clear where the photos were going to be released, or at least I never managed to find them lol. Although there were some small issues overall the effort that you guys put in to homecoming was awesome and it really payed off, everyone really appreciates the great work that you guys do!
ReplyDeleteI wasn't sure about where the photos were being released either. They kind of just popped up on the fuhsd website one day. Having it on our ASB website in the future would be great! And when they're posted, we can let students know by posting it in the Lynbrook facebook group.
DeleteI think a lot of feedback has already been addressed in class. I definitely think tech should consider uploading videos somewhere other than Youtube (if possible) to prevent any copyright issues.
ReplyDeleteI think tech did a great job this year documenting homecoming and that everyone appreciates the tremendous amount of time and effort you guys put in.
Overall, I thought you guys did a good job of documenting and waking up early to record al the class years. Some feedback would be to able delegate some of the editing and filming to volunteers or maybe even clubs. I know this is solely an ASB related activity, but having some extra helpers who at least know how to film could be beneficial, and allow you to pump out the videos faster. Overall I think you guys did a great job!
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything stated above. I think for future projects/homecoming skits, you should tell them that it will be out by a specific month (ex: by the end of October). Even though it would still be a long wait, I think that the student body will be more understanding if they have an expected date/if there's more transparency.
ReplyDeleteBut overall, great job on getting pretty much all aspects on homecoming in pictures/videos :)
A lot of the feedback I had was stated above. I think this goes for anything ASB records and puts out there, we should set a specific date, that way we can get things done and the student body won't complain as much.
ReplyDeleteOverall I really enjoyed the videos and I admit to have been watching them over and over again as I hear many people do.
I agree with all of the feedback we talked about in class, especially with the ASB website just having all of the links and access the photos - also good for ASB website promotion! :) Also, 2020 did love the idea of just having all the pictures to post on social media. It's true, that the photos came out a bit later than expected, as I received many questions on the release date, but it worked out in the end.
ReplyDeleteGreat job Tech!
This year's hc documentation was a huge improvement to previous years, and I'm really glad you guys decided to try so many new things :)))) However, I agree with Evan that it wasn't super clear where the photos were going to be released. Other than that, and other people's feedback, great job!!!
ReplyDeleteEveryone really appreciated that you guys released the photos and vids because I don't think we had standardized "HC vids" in the past, and it's really helpful now that we do. Also, many people used the pictures to post and wanted to watch and share the videos, but were impatient about the release date. I think we weren't able to follow through with the expected release dates that you guys gave, so if in the future we give a later release date we're sure we can have the videos/pics out by, that would be really helpful for all the students.
ReplyDeleteDocumentation was great! I absolutely loved that decs were also documented this year. I strongly agree that we should set a release date. The videos weren't released all that late, but I think the student body just didn't know when to expect them. I did get some feedback that the pictures taken during the skits themselves were a bit blurry, but I haven't looked closely myself (and the ASB website is down). Great job Tech!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the new addition of decs and how each class had an equal representation of their HC in the video. However, I received several complaints about the unknown release date, so something that you could consider next year is to include a release date to follow. Overall, I was very impressed with the video. Go ASB TECH!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with everyone on here about how much people appreciated that you guys released professional photos of all of the classes for homecoming, and the only thing that I have heard(same as others) is the date problem. However, this was the first year that you guys are doing this, so I see this becoming great in the years to come. Keep up the work Tech!!
ReplyDeleteAgreed with the general sentiment on:
ReplyDelete- 360 videos (great idea + quality for both vid/sound could have been better!)
- Documentation of HC decorations
- I actually had no idea the photos were labeled as "ASB Tech" vs just Francis' personal photography? Some sort of communication next year about what will be uploaded along with when would be good!
The 360 degree videos were a step in an interesting direction imo. What if we had multiple angles set up for HC documentation? People recording in the back, the corners, and up front as well - and then in the final video, you cut it together to include shots that make sense (acting shots w/ facials using upfront cameras), full-stage scenes + dances using back cameras; would make rewatching HC a lot more movie-esque! And then of course, you always have the full footage from the back camera just in case. Something to definitely dabble with next year :)
I agree with all of the feedback already said. I just wanted to add whether or not there was any way to have better quality on the 360 videos? While it was definitely a very cool idea, I know many people just went on it to look around in 360 for a bit but then watched the skits in the normal videos just because of the quality. I don't want the whole 360 video to go to waste just because of the quality! Overall, you guys did a really good job handling the amount of work you guys had. Good job!
ReplyDeleteFrom the CP's standpoint, it was really cool and innovative of you guys to document the planters in addition to everything else. This is the first year tech has done this (I could be wrong about that, but I at least know it was not done last yar), and I feel like it is not only a good way to look back to the good ol' times, but is is also a tool to be used to find areas of improvement. And as far as everything else goes, I have not heard anything negative. Great job with this project guys!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you guys did this, not only for ASB, but for the student body. The 360 cams were great.
ReplyDeleteThe only complaint the student body had was about the pictures. It's not that the pictures were poor quality- on the contrary, they were very high quality. It was the time they were released. I know you have a lot to do, especially at that time. For your future events if that happens, don't be afraid to reach out and delegate.
Great project guys!
Great job on documenting most parts of homecoming this year! Also, you guys did a good job of quickly handling the situation with youtube but please be more specific to the student body on when the release date of the video would be. I personally think it was great to try out the 360 cam but there wasn't too much that it offered and the quality of the footage in the 360 cam could have been better. Other than that, great job!
ReplyDeleteHomecoming documentation was great this year so props to Tech for that! I think markers for the dances would be something that would be very helpful for the student body! I also heard complaints on when the videos would be released so a specific time range/date would be helpful! Other than that, great job!
ReplyDeleteThis is very late- but hopefully this helps :)
ReplyDelete1. Photos weren't publicized very well- I wouldn't have known that ASB took pictures that were on the website if I wasn't in ASB.
2. I think that the gauntlet and planter box videos didn't get as much attention as they perhaps may have deserved, since students were told to go to the ASB website to watch them. I understand that this was to increase traffic on the website, but yeah.
3. The editing on the videos were inconsistent- ie: the text titles for the gauntlet video was very different from the skit videos, which were also very different from the planter box vids. Maybe for next year try to find one consistent font/style!
Overall though, fantastic work with everything :)