This month's video by far was the most hilarious and the best. It was funny, witty, and dorky, with amazing flashbacks and great transitions. I loved how there was a consistent background. Was it just the projector or was the quality low? Double check on that, but other than that, it was pretty great.
Great job on the February Asb video!! I found it to be really engaging and interesting compared to past videos, so continue to do that. I really like the Will remixes, and I'm pretty sure that the student body enjoyed this month's video too. Honestly, there's nothing much to change, but for future reference, try to refrain from using the same jokes again so that the student body still find the new videos interesting and original. Good job!
Great job Tech and PR on another fantastic video. I thought the December video was unbeatable but clearly I was wrong! So far the series of less scripted videos has been really successful. I really liked the random effects that were added in like the zoom ins and the thought bubbles. The highlights of the video was probably the "mii song" and the bird scene. If anything could be improved, when the hearts week dates were presented, the box was on top of Sally which kind of looked weird. I know its very picky but thats the only thing I could think of for improvement! Once again, great job!
I liked the organization of this video, especially how you started out with a flashback to the rally and then stayed with a consistent background for the rest of the announcements. The special effects made the video interesting and funny, but it was hard to read the Wantoo link (it was up for like 2 seconds) and I spotted some minor grammar/punctuation errors in the captions. Other than that I enjoyed this video. Great job!
The captions were sometimes a little bit off and I think it would've been nice if the wantoo link was kept up for longer so that students could have the time to record it if they wanted to.
Other than that, I enjoyed this month's video! Sound quality was definitely better.
Thanks for getting it out to the class early in the week :)
Really loved the video this month! I agree with everyone above about the small technicalities, but other than that, I found the video to be really funny and captivating!
OH MY GOD!!!! I absolutely loved this ASB video. Kudos to tech and PR for really stepping up their game. I would highly recommend you guys to keep making these videos funny and interactive, while being informative. The IDC section (vlog style) was a good mix. The best part was when Will tried to catch the birds and by having credits in the end and showing that hilarious behind the scenes clip it really felt like a movie. I thoroughly enjoyed this production and I can't wait to see the next one.
i loved this video so much!!! i can't believe asb is a meme now :*) i think we should definitely incorporate more casual vlogging sections (like the idc part), and have more people make a fool of themselves (not just will :)))) ) because i think people really enjoyed them! the only small thing was that there were a couple of tiny mistakes in the captions, i think, but other than that great job!! :))))
I REALLY loved this month's video!! It was very interesting and entertaining. There were complaints in the past from the student body about ASB videos being "boring"... so good job on stepping it up!!! many of my friends told me that they really enjoyed this month's video. :)
This video is so great, I've legit watched it at least 15 times. There was no point while watching the video that I got bored, I was either getting some valuable information or laughing! Like some people said above, the captions were off a couple times, but nothing too big. Great job PR/Tech! Looking forward to next month's video...can it really get any better than this?
This is by far one of my favorite ASB videos. Props to Rita and Alison for coming up and implementing such good humor and effort into the video. (Will and the rest of ASB is going to become a meme if it keeps going at this pace!)
Consistency of the background was a nice touch and didn't turn out boring as funny scenes showed up quite frequently.
Audio was also a massive improvement over the previous videos; it's a good thing we invested in a boom pole microphone. Being able to help out with recording, I noticed that the microphone wire length simply was too short and prolonged use of the microphone in such position will damage the internals of the cable and camera. I suggest we buy a extension cable for the microphone port on the camera so we can hold the microphone even closer to the speaker and prolong the life of the cable.
One thing that bothered me was the flashback of the rally. Given that it was a montage, I would've expected it to be a lot more epic; some scenes were too dull and not exciting. Music choice could've been a bit better (kudos for choosing the 2017 guy's dance song tho <3) as the song wasn't very intense. Quicker cuts and additional video effect would also make the scene a bit more exciting. I would consider the montage scene in this video to the basic layout to whom we'll add additional effects and stuff over if we were to make an improved version.
Subtitles are a nice addition once again, but like what Will said, some parts don't keep up with what the speaker is saying.
I also like the inclusion of the vlog by Nick for the day of the IDC exchange. I think that if there were a few seconds dedicated to showing what the school our students went to for the IDC exchange would be a nice addition; we shouldn't limit the discoveries and learnings strictly to IDC exchange attendees.
Overall, great effort and a great product! Taking a look more broadly at the ASB videos this year, I feel like they're getting better and better. I even heard many students saying how less cringy they are now compared to last year. If we're able to get their attention, we must be doing something right. Keep it up team!
This month's video by far was the most hilarious and the best. It was funny, witty, and dorky, with amazing flashbacks and great transitions. I loved how there was a consistent background. Was it just the projector or was the quality low? Double check on that, but other than that, it was pretty great.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the February Asb video!! I found it to be really engaging and interesting compared to past videos, so continue to do that. I really like the Will remixes, and I'm pretty sure that the student body enjoyed this month's video too. Honestly, there's nothing much to change, but for future reference, try to refrain from using the same jokes again so that the student body still find the new videos interesting and original. Good job!
ReplyDeleteGreat job Tech and PR on another fantastic video. I thought the December video was unbeatable but clearly I was wrong! So far the series of less scripted videos has been really successful. I really liked the random effects that were added in like the zoom ins and the thought bubbles. The highlights of the video was probably the "mii song" and the bird scene. If anything could be improved, when the hearts week dates were presented, the box was on top of Sally which kind of looked weird. I know its very picky but thats the only thing I could think of for improvement! Once again, great job!
ReplyDeleteI liked the organization of this video, especially how you started out with a flashback to the rally and then stayed with a consistent background for the rest of the announcements. The special effects made the video interesting and funny, but it was hard to read the Wantoo link (it was up for like 2 seconds) and I spotted some minor grammar/punctuation errors in the captions. Other than that I enjoyed this video. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThe captions were sometimes a little bit off and I think it would've been nice if the wantoo link was kept up for longer so that students could have the time to record it if they wanted to.
ReplyDeleteOther than that, I enjoyed this month's video! Sound quality was definitely better.
Thanks for getting it out to the class early in the week :)
Really loved the video this month! I agree with everyone above about the small technicalities, but other than that, I found the video to be really funny and captivating!
ReplyDeleteGreat job with all the funny scenes :)
OH MY GOD!!!! I absolutely loved this ASB video. Kudos to tech and PR for really stepping up their game. I would highly recommend you guys to keep making these videos funny and interactive, while being informative. The IDC section (vlog style) was a good mix. The best part was when Will tried to catch the birds and by having credits in the end and showing that hilarious behind the scenes clip it really felt like a movie. I thoroughly enjoyed this production and I can't wait to see the next one.
ReplyDeletei loved this video so much!!! i can't believe asb is a meme now :*) i think we should definitely incorporate more casual vlogging sections (like the idc part), and have more people make a fool of themselves (not just will :)))) ) because i think people really enjoyed them! the only small thing was that there were a couple of tiny mistakes in the captions, i think, but other than that great job!! :))))
ReplyDeleteI REALLY loved this month's video!! It was very interesting and entertaining. There were complaints in the past from the student body about ASB videos being "boring"... so good job on stepping it up!!! many of my friends told me that they really enjoyed this month's video. :)
ReplyDeleteThis video is so great, I've legit watched it at least 15 times. There was no point while watching the video that I got bored, I was either getting some valuable information or laughing!
ReplyDeleteLike some people said above, the captions were off a couple times, but nothing too big.
Great job PR/Tech! Looking forward to next month's video...can it really get any better than this?
This is by far one of my favorite ASB videos. Props to Rita and Alison for coming up and implementing such good humor and effort into the video. (Will and the rest of ASB is going to become a meme if it keeps going at this pace!)
ReplyDeleteConsistency of the background was a nice touch and didn't turn out boring as funny scenes showed up quite frequently.
Audio was also a massive improvement over the previous videos; it's a good thing we invested in a boom pole microphone. Being able to help out with recording, I noticed that the microphone wire length simply was too short and prolonged use of the microphone in such position will damage the internals of the cable and camera. I suggest we buy a extension cable for the microphone port on the camera so we can hold the microphone even closer to the speaker and prolong the life of the cable.
One thing that bothered me was the flashback of the rally. Given that it was a montage, I would've expected it to be a lot more epic; some scenes were too dull and not exciting. Music choice could've been a bit better (kudos for choosing the 2017 guy's dance song tho <3) as the song wasn't very intense. Quicker cuts and additional video effect would also make the scene a bit more exciting. I would consider the montage scene in this video to the basic layout to whom we'll add additional effects and stuff over if we were to make an improved version.
Subtitles are a nice addition once again, but like what Will said, some parts don't keep up with what the speaker is saying.
I also like the inclusion of the vlog by Nick for the day of the IDC exchange. I think that if there were a few seconds dedicated to showing what the school our students went to for the IDC exchange would be a nice addition; we shouldn't limit the discoveries and learnings strictly to IDC exchange attendees.
Overall, great effort and a great product! Taking a look more broadly at the ASB videos this year, I feel like they're getting better and better. I even heard many students saying how less cringy they are now compared to last year. If we're able to get their attention, we must be doing something right. Keep it up team!