Monday, February 27, 2017

Surprise Carnations Feedback!

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions for next time's carnations if we do this again? (probably during Kindness Week in April!)
What did you guys hear from your friends? Did you see a lot of people holding carnations? Did people actually give them to each other? Etc, etc.
Thanks! :))))))))

12 comments:

  1. I think they were definitely a very good idea! It was a nice surprise and change to Hearts week, and it was very nice seeing live flowers around school that day! Maybe next time, have more bins spread out around school? I actually didn't see any bins around campus that day, maybe they ran out pretty quickly? I also think that we should encourage teachers to take part in this, not just the students. It'd be a nice, casual but cute, way for staff involvement with students' activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tiffany. It was a really cool idea and a nice thing for the student body to participate in! I never saw any of the buckets either, it was a good idea not to order a bunch since it was the first time but since it seems like they ran out this time if the event is repeated it might be a good idea to get more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED IT. IT WAS AMAZING, IT WAS BASICALLY ON EVERYBODY'S SNAPCHAT. also i think we should have more flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this was such a cool and nice idea especially since it was a surprise. Personally even though I helped out with the flowers I didn't even know where they were on the day that they were put out. I saw several people with them, but I agree we should have spread out multiple bins (maybe with less in each one) to make it more visible to the student body. That definitely would've ensured that everyone saw the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved this idea! People were amazed to get flowers for free and pass them on to their friends and other peers. Since this is the first time we did an event like this, I'm glad that we bought this amount of carnations and put them in a popular area like near the cafeteria. For Kindness Week if we did a spontaneous event like this again, we should have more buckets or carnations spread about the school, so people who don't usually stay in the popular areas receive the kindness as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought that this was a really good idea! I think that you bought enough carnations for this to work :) One thing is that since it's more of a surprise event, my friends didn't know where to find the carnations. They saw people holding them but they didn't know where to find them (I didn't really know either).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea. I absolutely loved it and I'm sure many other students on campus are in love with it as well. It totally came unexpected for the student body but I think it went pretty smoothly. Despite not giving any announcement on this little surprise, many students quickly caught on the existence of the free carnation as many students held them around campus. It was definitely worth the investment as it boost the mood of many students. If this were to be pulled doff next year, I think we should invest in more carnations and perhaps announce it via the announcement that day? I also saw many students take more than one; if this was to give to various people, then it's cool, but if it wasn't, I suggest we put up a sign up about not being selfish. Great job again, rec :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was amazing :) I walked into the library, and there was a ton of people talking about the flowers/ asking where you could find one. Plenty of smiles all around. The whole thing was really well executed as well. Hella props to you, it was an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought this was amazing!! The only problem, which a few people have already said, was the amount of carnations that were around school. I know that this was the first time, so you didn't want to go overboard, but next time maybe try to get double or even triple, and maybe you can see if you can get a donation, because it is pretty expensive to get them if you get that many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSS I think that this project was such a great idea. I agree with Saif about getting more carnations because I noticed that most people were not carrying one around.

      Delete
  10. I think it was a great idea! It was a (relatively) small but cute event - one that I think completely embodies the idea that ASB doesn't just have to be big, large scale events, but can also be small acts of kindness that spread smiles no matter what :) Props on putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked the idea and think it should be done again! Next time there should definitely be more flowers because not everyone took one so they all ran out really fast. I think the only issue was that people didn't really know where to find the carnations (having more carnations = more buckets = more locations = easier to find!)

    ReplyDelete