Hello friends!
Please comment below on any feedback for this month's video which can be found on the link: https://youtu.be/DkaE5-0a20E . Also, we would love it if you could think of new ideas for the next video!
Please comment below on any feedback for this month's video which can be found on the link: https://youtu.be/DkaE5-0a20E . Also, we would love it if you could think of new ideas for the next video!
loved the video!! honestly, like just lvoed the video. i dont have anything negative to say LOL
ReplyDeleteit was quality :)
ReplyDeleteI think it struck a good balance between enjoyable to watch and over-the-top silly. The editing for the beginning montage was ON POINT and I really appreciate the drive for out-of-the box thinking that lead to the snapchat segment. Out of curiosity, how many of those snaps were submitted by students??
I also think that the small things, like the school logos that flashed up as IDC said the school names, really take a good video and make it great. So props on going the extra mile!
Don't actually have any constructive feedback besides what was already mentioned in class that one day you asked for some pre-feedback (thicker font, making the snapchat videos larger) but hopefully you have that all written down somewhere.
Good job!
I definitely agree with the fact that the video was both funny but not over the top. While I appreciate the humor that you guys add into the videos, I think you guys really nailed the silliness-to-business ratio this time. There was just enough entertainment to keep viewers watching, but it was serious enough to not distract from the main announcements in the video.
DeleteCan't wait to see how your videos keep improving :)
Chelsea
Other than what was mentioned in class:
ReplyDelete- Loved the editing! Everything was creative and well put together
- I really liked the special touch with the balloons in the background for social's announcement on Spring Formal! I would strongly recommend doing similar/appropriate customizations for other announcements - it caught me attention, and was something a little more than just talking heads.
Great video overall, and looking forward to the next one! :)
It was a great video, and for being the shortest it took to edit, it was amazing! The only thing that I noticed, that's not that big, is that I could see Francis moving in the reflection of the glass case board. Also as Adhiv said, the little touch of balloons was very eye catching and should be used for other events as well.
ReplyDeleteNice work!!
Hey! I thought the video was a great mix of information and humor. I really loved the Snapchats from different events, and I think that should definitely be continued! Can't wait for the next one.
ReplyDeleteHi!!! I think you two worked really well together and despite some scheduling issues I think that the video turned out really nice!! I think a lot of the comments from the last video were taken into consideration and its great to see the improvements. An area of improvement again could be everyone knowing their lines but this was much less noticeable than in the last video. I also agree with Adhiv that having different backgrounds that fit their topics can make the video more visually appealing.
ReplyDeleteGreat job!! I really liked the editing of the video and it was definitely on the creative side. I liked how there were snapchat videos from all the events that occurred throughout the month.
ReplyDeleteThe recap at the beginning was so great! Overall, as mentioned above, editing for this video was beautiful.
ReplyDeleteIn the future MAYBE you can require commissions in the video to send out what they are going to say to you because I know spirit forgot we were filming and just whipped something up on the spot.
Also, very minor detail, but I heard the sound of the door closing at the end of the video (I'm assuming of the ASB Den). During filming, I noticed a lot of people walk in and out of the den. In this case, it would make sense to prop the door open so people don't have to disrupt the recording, BUT people talk very loudly inside the den so keeping the door open isn't an option either. I would suggest making a popcorn announcement the days you are filming to only enter the den through the side door and prop that open!
T'was amazing :)
I honestly agree with everyone. This is definitely my favorite monthly video. I really liked how it was enjoyable to watch and also very informative at the same time. I think like Will said, it was a good balance. I think sometimes the funny parts of the monthly videos seem forced, but this time everything seemed very natural. Also, the editing was amazing!! so props to you guys for doing that/thinking of that
ReplyDeleteI second what Juney said. I think that in general, humor is the way to keep an audience engaged while listening to something that in itself is not funny. I do extracurricular theater, and I can tell you from experiences that audiences react much more positively to comedies than solemn, deep pieces. So keep on the humor mah dudes!
DeleteThis video was so good!!!! It was entertaining and fun, but also very professional since we didn't do any crazy memes (LOL). The montage was also really great and I think people are much more interested in the videos knowing that they have a chance of being featured in them. The snapchats were also super cute and give the student body a chance to participate!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this month's video!! I thought the editing was really good and everything flowed well. I thought the montage and part with the snapchat videos were really cool too!
ReplyDeleteApril's video was great! Lots of energy through all the segments presented by ASB (let's keep it up :) and the montage started off the video super HYPE.
ReplyDeleteSome suggestions —
possibly background music for the speaking parts? idk just some of the longer parts such as SIC updates may not catch the student body's attention and may make things a bit more entertaining or a bit less awkward. Just listening to the video, I heard a bit of buzz from the mic.. maybe something that needs to be checked out (background music might help that haha).
Other than that, was super entertaining and informative. great job zainab and francis!
Hello! Like everyone else, I loved the beginning editing/montage thing! It was super engaging and fun to watch. I really loved how high quality this month's asb video was, and the attention to detail(school logos popping up!) I agree with some ppl above about getting rid of minor background noises. Other than that, everything was great :)
ReplyDeleteI think the editing was taken a notch up this time!! Especially the moving-transitions. Maybe we could change up the background?? We've been having the ticket-sales wall for a couple videos already I think!
ReplyDeleteI think also, for our last video, we could transition from a speaking-style of an informative PR video to more of a show-style? For example: for the powderpuff intro, athletics could start it off by ethan doing a mock-cheer routine and then kathryn could tackle him and then introduce powderpuff? (Also wearing their powderpuff shirts could pass on the information even better!)
I liked the creative editing and the introduction of Snapchat videos in this ASB video. Great job on reducing the amount of reading off papers/phones this time. I think several improvements that could be made are to increase the size of the Snapchat phone so that it is easier to view the actual videos, since the phone took up a small section of the screen and the background was still pretty big. Other than that, I only noticed a few typos (ex: "differant" instead of "different).
ReplyDeleteI loved the video!!!! I'm really liking the direction that ASB videos are going, they're just the right mix of jokes and information. The snapchat portion was really nice as well.
ReplyDeleteI realllly liked the video this time around!!! As David said, the snapchat portion was great :) Last month I think the video was a little TOO funny/meme-y, which I obviously found hilarious but later realized I probably only found it funny bc I knew everyone... LOL. But this time, there was a good mix of funny vibes and formal vibes. Overall great job!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThe editing in this video was really good (I can't believe it was the least editing you took at that time. (like dang)...
ReplyDeleteIt was really engaging, and the memes were memeingful.... but only to our class because we were all in our class. Better balance this time, but maybe tone it down a notch next video!