Monday, April 3, 2017

March Madness

Hey guys if yall have any feedback for us, it will be great!

List of things you can comment on
- promotion 
- prizes 
- ways to thank teachers 
- improvement

THANKS

13 comments:

  1. First of all, good job!

    I think the fact that the refs are not ASB people is a very very good idea. People do not have that much hate against other people who actually knows basketball.

    Personally I really like how smooth the games ran, other than the fact that it clashed with spoons and other on campus activities.

    Ways to thank teachers:
    - Give a small placard for the teachers (https://www.etsy.com/listing/263679358/sports-decor-wood-sports-sign-sports?utm_source=OpenGraph&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share)

    **Do not need to buy them, instead, you can make your own with LHS March Madness 16-17 words on it

    Come find PR, we can help you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think March Madness ran pretty smoothly this year!

    I agree with a lot of the points Rita made, especially about the referee's not being members of the ASB team; it really clears up that issue.

    I don't think there wasn't too much promotion as some students simply didn't care? I think it would be nice to see this event reach out to more students outside the typical Facebook post.

    I also think it would be pretty cool to work with PR to come up with something special to thank the teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there should have been more on campus promotion about march madness, or i guess more promotion in general. I think there should have been posts about who won each day or a giant bracket poster hanging from the top of the quad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job athletics on a well planned March Madness! I definitely agree with Alison about promo. The only thing that came to my mind for promo, was the profile picture change but although that raised awareness about the event, it didnt give much of a reason to come and watch. I feel like (as Alison stated above) a giant bracket poster hanging in the top of the quad would create more hype and excitement and could be used as a great way to promo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely agree with the comments above about promo. Most of the people that I talk to had no idea it was going on. I know for events in the past like the dodgeball tournament there was a giant bracket poster and the top of the quad that definitely caught my attention every time I passed by.
    Not sure when the dates were chosen, but having it on the same week as spoons finale may have affected attendance and hype around March Madness because (at least for seniors) all the hype was at spoons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Want to tag on and just say that I think the teacher/student game in particular could have been promoted more to the general student body!

    As for the other particulars, I wasn't able to drop by to any of the games unfortunately and didn't get a chance to witness the event myself :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with all that was said above haha! Honestly, if I weren't in ASB I probably wouldn't have known March Madness was going on. I agree with what Ahana said about avoiding the same week as Spoons Finale. I also agree with what Amrit said! Besides the suggestion for more promo, I think the promo should also include reason/incentives for people to go watch. I think at this point, only friends of the players go watch, while we'd like as many people to go watch as possible. I'd suggest next year's athletic commission to maybe take that into mind when planning the event(having something to draw other students to come watch).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't able to come watch but I would say promotion is a huge thing. I saw the facebook profile picture spam on facebook but that was mostly because ASB was to promo march madness. If I wasn't in ASB, I wouldn't know what march madness is or when it is. I think possibly making it more clear what specifically this event is and why people should come out will. In addition, try more campus promo methods!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't able to come watch, but I heard that the event ran pretty smoothly. However I think the main problem was that a lot of students did not know that the event was ongoing or even happening besides the Facebook profile pictures, which had limited information. For example, my friends didn't even know what March Madness is. Also, I really like Alison's idea of putting a large poster or something that shows the brackets in the Quad or someplace visible. If people saw that they would be more interested in what was happening and come out to watch. I think it's important to remember that a lot of people (especially freshmen) aren't yet accustomed to the events we have at Lynbrook, so we have to focus on informing people about the event and promoting it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't able to watch but definitely work more on different forms of promotion. I know that at that time it was really hectic with so many different events going on. Maybe do more on campus promotion, or do some things that don't involve profile pictures as much.

    The event from what I heard ran smoothly, or there wasn't a lot of major complaints. Personally, for the last four years I never knew where march madness was taking place, so maybe make that blatantly obvious as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I think one thing that could be improved for March madness, like the comments above say, is promotion. A lot of my friends weren't aware of march madness/ didn't know exactly where to watch it. Other than that, I feel like it was run well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Athletics!!

    So unfortunately, I'm not a super athletic person and I don't really understand basketball and all SO I didn't attend the games of march madness.

    HOWEVER, agreeing with everyone above, I definitely think that the promotion could've been improved. From an outside perspective, I only really saw the profile pictures... Then again, I'm not really sure how much promo is needed for the event.

    Overall, the only feedback I really have is regarding promo. Otherwise, great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a thought relating to recent events regarding the may video, but when the names are approved for spike fest, can it be specified that these names are approved not just for the tournament, but also for use in all school/ASB promotional materials? Because this seemingly minor thing contributed to the late theme release for homecoming, and I feel that if this is specified, a similar situation can be avoided in the future. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete