Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Spirit Squad/Senior Games Feedback

Hey Y'all,
Sorry for the delay, but here's the feedback blogger for spirit squad/senior games. Below is the link to the slides of our outro if you need a brief overview of the logistics of this event. We'd really appreciate any feedback that you guys have.

Thanks,
Spirit and Athletics


https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10AMgZI-hgQjzhrWk2WqgEOqI_hbB_fhUml-QeUnI4kg/edit?usp=sharing

4 comments:

  1. I think Spirit Squad is a great idea, but it should have been publicized better. Many people didn't see a point in using their time to cheer for a team so using incentives could be an option. I think for "knowing when to cheer" having a commissioner starting the cheering would be good so the other people follow. I think having the mini brochures were a great touch to recognizing the players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with Amrit's comment that Spirit Squad should have had more publicity! A lot of my friends seemed to not know about it and didn't know how to signup.

    The brochures were nice but seemed to be really rushed and hectic sometimes, which may have caused the mistakes. I think the brochures should be planned out even more in advance to ensure the process is smooth and quality is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the beginning of spirit squad during water polo season, and it went ok at first. It definitely could be a little bigger, and I think that comes with thinking out the system more. What are people incentivized by? What could we ensure that people know more about spirit squad and really want to come?

    I think these things just come with time, but maybe making it apparent and making it a bigger things at all games- as of right now it feels like it's just the leadership class (or at least from what I saw from the basketball game).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Nick in that it seems like spirit squad is mostly just ASB kids participating. I'm not sure if you guys have tried it yet, but maybe next year reaching out to more "hype" people personally? To all of the senior games that I've been to, none of the spirit squads have seemed very energetic?

    There were also mistakes on the brochures. I'm not sure where you guys are getting the names, but it would probably be a good idea to check with the athletics director to make sure it doesn't happen again :)

    ReplyDelete