Friday, March 10, 2017

March ASB Video

Here is the video:


We want all the feedback you have! :)

Here are all the previously brought up points:

          - white on white captions (put black border)
          - put on ASB website
          - reading off phones, people not knowing lines (teleprompter)
          - captions were different than actual words
          - meme part too long/people enjoy it
   
All your feedback, negative or positive is welcomed!!

-Will + Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. The video was beautiful! I think all the issues that are listed above are all of the low key problems with the video. I definitely think reading off of phones are a key issue because it looks bad and awkward/cringey

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of my feedback is already listed above! The only thing I want to bring up is that if we use a teleprompter, people keep a fun and peppy attitude and not just sit there and read in monotone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, the video seemed really... inconsistent? I thought the start of the video was really nice- in general, the recaps are also really fun to watch. But that section of the video's tone was super different from everything else. It started off pretty professionally, but then trailed off into just attempts at humor.

    While memes are funny and all, I honestly think that they're not helping to promote ASB's image on campus. Obviously humor is subjective, but from what I heard around campus/ what my friends said, most classrooms were silent/ didn't find it humorous at all. Of course it's really fun to watch in our class- we all know Pranav and Adhiv. But most of the student body doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed with David's comment above ^ I think while there are specific parts of the video that are funny (which can be turned into memes or slowed-down but it should be limited), we (as the entire ASB class) should all be focusing more on our execution of announcements and clarity.

    I know we're all not youtubers haha but I think we can all work on making sure that a) our lines are memorized and b) we're confident and energetic in what we're saying. As well as watching some news anchors to see what to do when we're not talking but without looking awkward...

    Also in general, I think Jennifer was a bit nervous or wasn't sure what to say at the beginning/end of the video, just something to watch out for next time.

    Overall, I think the video was good in terms of staying consistent with the past video and making it funny... just don't want to overdo it. Thanks Will and Jennifer for planning this video :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with what Lilian and David said above, and all the issues listed at the very top!

    On a different note, I really encourage tech/pr to put in more actual clips of the events they are recapping. The beginning with hearts week, chts, and jp fs were definitely interesting and engaging because people were able to see something they were all a part of. Also, it's a good chance for those who missed out on that particular event to see it(might encourage them to go in the future).

    Addressing the particular section with Pranav's rap. I feel like things like raps are okay as long as we are actually delivering the information clearly . I was a bit confused as to what event Pranav was talking about until he said it :)

    I really liked the scrolling important dates at the end, it was super useful! Also really liked the music choice in this video :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the March Video as well! This series of having more "fun to watch videos" have been successful. I do agree with the comments above that the memes and jokes shouldn't be there for everything because to a certain extent, that takes away from the video. I think there were more technical problems such as the captions. If there is some part that is too long, maybe you could split it up so people don't need to memorize such a long part.

    ReplyDelete