I didn't want much of the football games, however I did watch the dances! I felt like it was definitely a good idea to have short skits in between performances to introduce the classes, it made the whole show all the way through more entertaining. However, maybe we can improve on the jokes! :) There were some that most people didn't get and so it was just kind of awkward. Also, I know this is a problem in many events, however, many times it was hard to hear because the microphones were very inconsistent in volume and sound quality. I'm not sure if that is something we've addressed before but yeah! Overall, great job athletics! :D
I only went to 1 football game but I was really confused the whole time because the score wasn't shown anywhere and there was no commentary to make it easier to follow? The skits were cute but awkward LOL but I totally agree with Tiffany that it was nice to have a short intro to each class. Maybe next time just make them shout outs to get everyone hyped! Also, I think most classes are moving away from doing stunts anyway so the mats weren't a big deal. Great job on a successful Powderpuff :)))))
I agree with Leia about the score, I think showing the score would definitely be helpful. Also, if the score cant be shown, maybe we can request to announce the score every once in a while with the field speakers. Also, for the performance, I think the rehearsal before hand could've been communicated to the choreographers earlier.
I liked having the fun skits in between performances because it was more engaging. I agree that we should show scores during the games because I myself didn't really understand what was going on (I don't get sports). If we had someone doing commentary, it would also be great so people like me would be able to figure out what was going on.
Agreed with the comments above, it was difficult to understand what was going on in the game (would it be possible to have someone speak over the microphone?) as well as the score. I think the skits were a nice change but we might need to improve spirit/getting the crowd's attention better. The lack of cheer mats definitely detracted from the "powderpuff" feel, but I know that there were difficulties working with admin and cheer.
Another concern for next year may be that the dance performances from the boys are beginning to change compared to years past, where it was very cheer focused, whereas now it's more dance focused (may be too similar to homecoming dances and detract from the purpose of Powderpuff). Just something to keep in mind!
I thought there was a great turnout at Powderpuff - good job! I think Athletics did a good job about relaying the date changes due to rain, but I had a few concerns. I completely agree with Anna about a commentary - it seems like most of the crowd just waits for the cheerleaders to do another routine than paying more attention to the game. Also, for people like me who have no clue about football, it would be good to know what's going on. If you could also try for next year, to relay the points on the digital scoreboard so the crowd knows who won the game, and the time left in the game. During the actual powderpuff, I think everything went pretty smoothly. Great job guys!
I think that it is really really good this year, but I feel like it was not promoted well enough.
For example, last year there was a huge, overexaggerated t-shirt handing out brunch where I see people holding bright colored shirts and that caught my attention. This year, I did not even know when the t-shirt was sold or handed out.
Also, I think having music at the beginning is really really good. However, commentary during the actual game is really really helpful and fun to listen to (Will would be a really good commentator). Also, the commentary can announce who won and who didn't at the end so everyone can walk away knowing who won.
Lastly, someone suggested having a scoreboard (can be the basketball kind) can be very very helpful too!
Some suggestions/concerns: - I definitely thought shortening the field was beneficial, but I also agree with others about somehow displaying or announcing the score. - Something that Ms. Badger brought up is that at one point powderpuff used to be only cheers/stunts, and it somehow turned into dances with a few cheers/stunts. - all classes had to change their dance in some way during rehearsal. Is there some way to approve dances earlier to prevent this from happening?
Powderpuff was handled pretty well this year! I agree with the people above, I think that there should be a scoreboard. Shortening the field was definitely better but I think bigger markers showing the shortened field would be good. I would highly consider having a commentator because it allows for the score to be clearly said and if something confusing would happen, a commentator would clear things up. As for the dances, I did enjoy the "mini" skits that were in the performances.
Powderpuff was interesting this year. The cheer mats and the things that I was originally concerned about wasn't that big of a factor into the actual event itself, but there was one big factor- the fact that the classes were told the day before that they had to change their dances. I understand it was on classes to send it in early, but with one day left, I was worried about the different classes with varying degrees of choreography.
Maybe increase the communication between admin and choreographers, so admin know the culture behind Lynbrook powderpuff and Class Officers and choreographers can appease the need for admin desires.
I definitely agree with Nick about the approval of the dances. This year, one thing that was not clearly specified was the degree to which the dances can be, well, sexual. The stunting standards were something that were very clearly designed, but not the sexualness (or whatever you want to call it idk). If both of these areas are given an equal amount of thought, and classes are notified well ahead of time (BEFORE WINTER BREAK), then similar situations can be avoided next year.
I didn't want much of the football games, however I did watch the dances! I felt like it was definitely a good idea to have short skits in between performances to introduce the classes, it made the whole show all the way through more entertaining. However, maybe we can improve on the jokes! :) There were some that most people didn't get and so it was just kind of awkward. Also, I know this is a problem in many events, however, many times it was hard to hear because the microphones were very inconsistent in volume and sound quality. I'm not sure if that is something we've addressed before but yeah! Overall, great job athletics! :D
ReplyDeleteI only went to 1 football game but I was really confused the whole time because the score wasn't shown anywhere and there was no commentary to make it easier to follow?
ReplyDeleteThe skits were cute but awkward LOL but I totally agree with Tiffany that it was nice to have a short intro to each class. Maybe next time just make them shout outs to get everyone hyped! Also, I think most classes are moving away from doing stunts anyway so the mats weren't a big deal.
Great job on a successful Powderpuff :)))))
I agree with Leia about the score, I think showing the score would definitely be helpful. Also, if the score cant be shown, maybe we can request to announce the score every once in a while with the field speakers. Also, for the performance, I think the rehearsal before hand could've been communicated to the choreographers earlier.
ReplyDeleteI liked having the fun skits in between performances because it was more engaging. I agree that we should show scores during the games because I myself didn't really understand what was going on (I don't get sports). If we had someone doing commentary, it would also be great so people like me would be able to figure out what was going on.
ReplyDeleteAgreed with the comments above, it was difficult to understand what was going on in the game (would it be possible to have someone speak over the microphone?) as well as the score. I think the skits were a nice change but we might need to improve spirit/getting the crowd's attention better. The lack of cheer mats definitely detracted from the "powderpuff" feel, but I know that there were difficulties working with admin and cheer.
ReplyDeleteAnother concern for next year may be that the dance performances from the boys are beginning to change compared to years past, where it was very cheer focused, whereas now it's more dance focused (may be too similar to homecoming dances and detract from the purpose of Powderpuff). Just something to keep in mind!
I thought there was a great turnout at Powderpuff - good job! I think Athletics did a good job about relaying the date changes due to rain, but I had a few concerns. I completely agree with Anna about a commentary - it seems like most of the crowd just waits for the cheerleaders to do another routine than paying more attention to the game. Also, for people like me who have no clue about football, it would be good to know what's going on. If you could also try for next year, to relay the points on the digital scoreboard so the crowd knows who won the game, and the time left in the game. During the actual powderpuff, I think everything went pretty smoothly. Great job guys!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think that it is really really good this year, but I feel like it was not promoted well enough.
ReplyDeleteFor example, last year there was a huge, overexaggerated t-shirt handing out brunch where I see people holding bright colored shirts and that caught my attention. This year, I did not even know when the t-shirt was sold or handed out.
Also, I think having music at the beginning is really really good. However, commentary during the actual game is really really helpful and fun to listen to (Will would be a really good commentator). Also, the commentary can announce who won and who didn't at the end so everyone can walk away knowing who won.
Lastly, someone suggested having a scoreboard (can be the basketball kind) can be very very helpful too!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI thought powderpuff went pretty well this year!
ReplyDeleteSome suggestions/concerns:
- I definitely thought shortening the field was beneficial, but I also agree with others about somehow displaying or announcing the score.
- Something that Ms. Badger brought up is that at one point powderpuff used to be only cheers/stunts, and it somehow turned into dances with a few cheers/stunts.
- all classes had to change their dance in some way during rehearsal. Is there some way to approve dances earlier to prevent this from happening?
Powderpuff was handled pretty well this year! I agree with the people above, I think that there should be a scoreboard. Shortening the field was definitely better but I think bigger markers showing the shortened field would be good. I would highly consider having a commentator because it allows for the score to be clearly said and if something confusing would happen, a commentator would clear things up. As for the dances, I did enjoy the "mini" skits that were in the performances.
ReplyDeletePowderpuff was interesting this year. The cheer mats and the things that I was originally concerned about wasn't that big of a factor into the actual event itself, but there was one big factor- the fact that the classes were told the day before that they had to change their dances. I understand it was on classes to send it in early, but with one day left, I was worried about the different classes with varying degrees of choreography.
ReplyDeleteMaybe increase the communication between admin and choreographers, so admin know the culture behind Lynbrook powderpuff and Class Officers and choreographers can appease the need for admin desires.
I definitely agree with Nick about the approval of the dances. This year, one thing that was not clearly specified was the degree to which the dances can be, well, sexual. The stunting standards were something that were very clearly designed, but not the sexualness (or whatever you want to call it idk). If both of these areas are given an equal amount of thought, and classes are notified well ahead of time (BEFORE WINTER BREAK), then similar situations can be avoided next year.
Delete