I definitely think this is an idea worth pursuing. I'm not in the clubs or athletics commission, but i feel that the majority of work that they do is paperwork and they don't have a chance to expand to their full potentials of hosting events or creating new projects. I also think comm link is a good way to reach a new crowd and bring back the fundraisers that the school seemed to love (movember in my freshmen year seemed to be really popular).
I totally agree with what Alison stated up here ^, and as an athletics commissioner, I would also like to point out that in the beginning of the year, athletics tried to shift the vision of the commission by creating a new event that encompasses both non athletes and athletes, but due to the many events that we had already, we had no choice but to give up on this project. Therefore, with comm link, events that are popular within the student body but do not fall within the vision can be handed off to other commissions or clubs. Comm link can definitely remove backlash from the student body and focus on the events that fall under comm link's vision. Moreover, it could also give ASB the opportunity to pursue new events that athletics and clubs didn't have time to plan or potentially new events that didn't fall under the two commissions' vision.
I like the idea of actually putting members in comm link (what I understand is that it's currently a commission but with 0 members), but I'm not sure we should entirely get rid of clubs and athletics since they also have their own share of jobs, and it might be too much work just for one commission. I actually like the idea of CPs taking on Powderpuff since we currently have no projects in the ASB class, but we would need people from Athletics to help us learn how to figure it out.
I think that comm link is a good idea and it's definitely something worth pursuing (like Alison said)! I also think that this would be a great way for ASB to expand on to new projects and working on events that fit the vision. I also agree with Anna. I agree that there are a ton of projects and responsibilities within these two commissions and it could be quite challenging for one person or a new group to take on completely. Maybe keeping athletics and clubs, but also adding comm link would be a good idea. If you guys do make any changes, just make sure to make it clear when announcing it to the student body :)
keep in mind that not all of clubs and athletics' responsibilities are going to comm link!! they're being delegated among other commissions like spirit, rec, and cp's, too, so comm link will only take on the the clubs and athletics' responsibilities that they feel fit with their job description :))))
I love this idea of comm link, I think this creates more opportunities for students who have a vision to improve student life using events that comm link can run. Personally, this commission is exactly what is needed for me to execute my goal. So I highly encourage this commission to be brought back.
Can't wait to see what comm link brings next year! As long as they address the needs of athletes, I'm sure there'll be a lot of positive feedback about it!
I definitely think this is an idea worth pursuing. I'm not in the clubs or athletics commission, but i feel that the majority of work that they do is paperwork and they don't have a chance to expand to their full potentials of hosting events or creating new projects. I also think comm link is a good way to reach a new crowd and bring back the fundraisers that the school seemed to love (movember in my freshmen year seemed to be really popular).
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with what Alison stated up here ^, and as an athletics commissioner, I would also like to point out that in the beginning of the year, athletics tried to shift the vision of the commission by creating a new event that encompasses both non athletes and athletes, but due to the many events that we had already, we had no choice but to give up on this project. Therefore, with comm link, events that are popular within the student body but do not fall within the vision can be handed off to other commissions or clubs. Comm link can definitely remove backlash from the student body and focus on the events that fall under comm link's vision. Moreover, it could also give ASB the opportunity to pursue new events that athletics and clubs didn't have time to plan or potentially new events that didn't fall under the two commissions' vision.
DeleteI like the idea of actually putting members in comm link (what I understand is that it's currently a commission but with 0 members), but I'm not sure we should entirely get rid of clubs and athletics since they also have their own share of jobs, and it might be too much work just for one commission. I actually like the idea of CPs taking on Powderpuff since we currently have no projects in the ASB class, but we would need people from Athletics to help us learn how to figure it out.
ReplyDeleteI think that comm link is a good idea and it's definitely something worth pursuing (like Alison said)! I also think that this would be a great way for ASB to expand on to new projects and working on events that fit the vision. I also agree with Anna. I agree that there are a ton of projects and responsibilities within these two commissions and it could be quite challenging for one person or a new group to take on completely. Maybe keeping athletics and clubs, but also adding comm link would be a good idea. If you guys do make any changes, just make sure to make it clear when announcing it to the student body :)
Deletekeep in mind that not all of clubs and athletics' responsibilities are going to comm link!! they're being delegated among other commissions like spirit, rec, and cp's, too, so comm link will only take on the the clubs and athletics' responsibilities that they feel fit with their job description :))))
DeleteI love this idea of comm link, I think this creates more opportunities for students who have a vision to improve student life using events that comm link can run. Personally, this commission is exactly what is needed for me to execute my goal. So I highly encourage this commission to be brought back.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what comm link brings next year! As long as they address the needs of athletes, I'm sure there'll be a lot of positive feedback about it!
ReplyDelete