Hey guys!
If you could give us feedback about the blacklight rally that would be really appreciated!
There are a couple of things that we'd like your opinion on specifically, along with any general comments or things that we should improve on.
1) Would you rather have a general spirit week or one that relates to the theme of the rally?
2) What did you think about the live stream at the beginning of the rally?
3) How did we do performance-wise as spirit commissioners? What can we improve on?
Here's some stuff that we already know about the rally, so if you could try and give us different feedback that would be great :)
1) Yes, the juniors song didn't have as many lyrics. Sorry.
2) The video audio didn't work.
Thanks <3
-Spirit
1) I think that a spirit week that relates to the rally is much better and gets each class hyped up for the rally!
ReplyDelete2) I didn't really understand the purpose of the livestream but it was cool!
3) I don't really remember how you guys did oops but I think there definitely needs to be more hype and practice! (I think there were some points where there was hesitation)
Personally, I felt like there should've been more games to fit the class competition but I know that wasn't possible because time restrictions and all the sport shoutouts. However, I still thought the rally went well!
1) Would you rather have a general spirit week or one that relates to the theme of the rally?
ReplyDeleteTheme of the rally was really fun! I preferred it over generic spirit week themes (pj day, crazy hair day, etc.)
2) What did you think about the live stream at the beginning of the rally?
Some technical difficulties/the cheer mat made it a bit awkward for Francis, Will and the spirit commissioners. I think in terms of a rally, it's already hard for everyone to focus/know what's going on, so it's best to keep things as simple as possible for the classes to keep up.
3) How did we do performance-wise as spirit commissioners? What can we improve on?
Performance was great, people could understand the script, I think some concerns were when Evan said the wrong class winning tug of war (LOL) but accidents like that happen. I can't recall any major complaints, but I think that there will always be a problem of not being able to understand speakers due to the loud classes.
For the black light rally in general, would it be possible to invest in black lights for our own school? It's disappointing to see that the classes put so much thought into creating glow in the dark decs yet many of them don't end up glowing as brightly as they should, due to our lack of black lights. I think this is definitely something next year's tech team should look at ASAP – It'll definitely be a great investment for the future and make our blacklight rallies more of a "blacklight" rally.
Great job on your 3rd rally, spirit :) Script DEFINITElY improved from last time's rally, and I had a lot of fun with all the themes this week! <3
1) I liked the rally related ones! It really shows your class pride, and I liked how they were all things that the study body was somewhat interested/willing to get invested in. I think it would be nice to normalize the idea of a rally-related spirit week, because I know it seemed a bit disconnected in the past.
ReplyDelete2) I think that it took too long to maintain hype and cheering, and some were a bit confused. Maybe we could fine something with the same benefit but easier to set up?
3) There were some sound problems that could be noticed by the student body due to the conduct of the commissioners. I don't blame you for reacting, but I think it may be helpful to keep in mind that you are constantly on a stage during the rally, regardless of whether or not you are talking (hopefully this doesn't sound too pessimistic!).
Good job!
1) I think that a general spirit week is more fun to participate in, just because a few of the days this week you had to purposely plan your outfits to replicate the attire of the characters. And even then it was a little hard to tell who was who. A general spirit week also promotes more "out-there" costumes and creates a more hyped environment.
ReplyDelete2) I thought the live stream was a nice idea because we could see the classes better (like because it was focused on each class we were able to see everyone's faces instead of a huge wave of thunder sticks/balloons). I don't know how feasible this is, but maybe it would be nice to keep the live stream up during the entire rally, because people in the back of the stands would be able to see the performances instead of being blocked by everyone in the front is waving thunder sticks/balloons.
3)From the people I talked to, they said that the script was one of the better ones since there was a easy to follow plot line. One thing that I noticed though was the inconsistencies with the class shout outs: I think Evan referred to 2020 as Neverland and then Katherine said 2019 as Sophomores. In retrospect this isn't that big of a deal, just something to keep in mind.
Great Work!!! Excited to see what you guys bring to the final rally!!!!!!
I agree with Jennifer about the live stream. It would be so cool to have constant live stream from the end of the rally video to the announcements of the final results. It helps student visibility as well as contributes to a more hyped atmosphere. I believe the inclusion of live streams this time was a bit of a surprise, so there weren't any crazy reactions, but if we keep this up it'll probably be embraced as part of the rally.
DeleteOther than that, I think general spirit weeks are easier for students to follow along (even though this themed spirit week was already pretty easy, in my opinion). This is probably because not everyone is aware of the class themes until the week of, so they're not prepared to dress up for themes throughout the week. As commissioners, you guys could have had a little more rehearsal, but I understand that rally week can be pretty hectic and script memorization is often pushed to last minute :).
1) I like how the spirit week was related to the theme of the rally.
ReplyDelete2) the live stream was a really cool idea! Not sure if this was just me, but I couldn't really see the live stream on the screens and I was standing at the top of the bleachers so possibly next time you could turn off all but 1 or 2 lights? I think it would also be interesting to leave the live stream up during the entire rally.
3) As always, I couldn't really hear the script but I'm sure that's because of how loud the classes are. I think you guys did a great job but there can always be more hype and practice!
Good job and can't wait for the last rally :)
1) Would you rather have a general spirit week or one that relates to the theme of the rally?
ReplyDeletedefinitely one that relates to the rally, its like spirit days + shoutout days combined!
2) What did you think about the live stream at the beginning of the rally?
i think it was a little distracting, like people werent sure if they should look at the livestream or the spirit commissioners
3) How did we do performance-wise as spirit commissioners? What can we improve on?
i think there couldve been more rehearsal (in terms of tech, hah!) also many people weren't too happy with the rally going into brunch
1) I think that having spirit days according to our rally theme actually helps build excitement around the rally, which is really the purpose of the spirit week!
ReplyDelete2) I think it could've gone a tad smoother with the transition from actual video to live stream, but other than that I think the live stream was a good idea, and in the future since Tech won't have to deal with blacklights in the future, the live stream can turn out much better.
3) I think the script this time around was cheesier than usual, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The spirit commissioners have consistently done good jobs individually and as a unit during rallies, and I think thats great!
1) Would you rather have a general spirit week or one that relates to the theme of the rally? I agree with Aayush on this one!! I think that it makes sense to have themed spirit week because it allows people to "get hyped". Also, this puts more meaning behind the rally theme.
Delete2) What did you think about the live stream at the beginning of the rally? I agree with Aayush and everyone else about how the transitions weren't too smooth. I feel like it was kind of confusing to the student body. However, if executed well, it could actually be a great addition to the rally!
3) How did we do performance-wise as spirit commissioners? What can we improve on? I feel like you guys did well, but since this rally was mainly just shoutouts to different groups of people, it seemed kind of lacking energy. I guess another way to phrase this is that the shoutouts were all the same, you guys should mix things up/announce things differently :).
Overall, I really enjoyed the rally.
1) Would you rather have a general spirit week or one that relates to the theme of the rally?
ReplyDeleteI thought it was a little strange at first, but looking back I do think that it was a pretty good idea. That being said, it could have been executed a little better. A couple people chatted me and asked what the spirit days were, which shows that it perhaps could have been promoted a little better?
People are also not going to participate in spirit days if they don't really have a clear idea as to what to dress as. I think that if you guys go with a theme-related spirit week next time, there should be very specific guidelines that should be communicated to the school- ie: branding "Neverland" as "pajama day" instead (if that makes sense).
2) What did you think about the live stream at the beginning of the rally?
It was really awkward since everyone was kind of confused and just sitting there, maybe with better execution it could have been cool.
3) How did we do performance-wise as spirit commissioners? What can we improve on?
(I'm sorry if I'm being at all overly critical in this section, I'm just giving my honest opinions from what I saw at the rally)
I kind of understood the script? I didn't think it was that great though (sorry), the jokes didn't really make anyone laugh. I also feel like the spirit commissioners get burned out really quickly during all of the rallies- the shoutouts in the beginning of the rally are spirited, but by the end it kind of seems like you're tired. Facials are really important!!!
The end of the rally also seemed really rushed- even the trophy was basically the entire point of the rally plot, the "presentation" of the trophy was very low key (and a little awkward).
1) Would you rather have a general spirit week or one that relates to the theme of the rally?
ReplyDeleteI think people found it hard to dress up for the themed spirit week because when you think of the different worlds, you immediately want to dress up as the characters(which is difficult, especially in cold weather) and it's hard for a lot of people to get out of that mindset/look past the main characters and see that you can participate in more subtle ways. So if we do more themed spirit days, I think we definitely need to aggressively remind people that they have different options. Posting a list of suggestions was great, though!
2) What did you think about the live stream at the beginning of the rally?
I heard a lot of people around me wondering what the point of it was, as they could obviously see the spirit commissioners right in front of them. I think if pulled off well with smooth transitions and props and stuff, it could be a really cool element to have in our rallies. Perhaps we should practice a few more times before the rally? A lot of people also said it was really shaky.
3) How did we do performance-wise as spirit commissioners? What can we improve on?
The script was really easy to understand, and I could hear all the words clearly. The games were well conducted, too! However sometimes I felt that the transitions were a bit abrupt, but it's not a huge deal.
Overall great job!! It was a very fun rally :))
1) Would you rather have a general spirit week or one that relates to the theme of the rally?
ReplyDeleteI think that the different themes that tied in with the rally was a good way also to promote the rally, and show spirit for each of the class themes. It was a good way to showcase the theme of the actual rally, as oppose to wearing lynbrook colors all week, or something else generic.
2) What did you think about the live stream at the beginning of the rally?
I thought it was really cool. At some times though, the camera would be pointed towards the floor, which made it look really awkward - I agree with Leia that it was shaky, and the audience was confused.
3) How did we do performance-wise as spirit commissioners? What can we improve on?
Spirit did a great job performing! Sometimes I couldn't really hear anything over the class chatter, but that wasn't in their control. The games went smoothly, and I understood all the instructions being given.
All in all, GREAT JOB! I had so much fun!
1) I think the different themes are much better! They give variety to the spirit days so that people aren't always wearing the same things and there's a lot more excitement leading up to the rally than if they were generic spirit days. However, the spirit days will need to be easy for students to dress up as if they go along with the theme, otherwise, lesser people will do it!
ReplyDelete2)I thought the live stream was a very cool and new way to start out the rally. It was definitely very laggy (i don't know if that's just how it is, or there are improvements that could be made on that). I definitely think you guys should keep trying out new ideas like this!
3)I think you guys did a great job! The energy at this rally was definitely very high-energy and fun. However, I would recommend that the lines are completely memorized to prevent any awkward gaps or mistakes throughout the rally! Also, maybe next time if you guys are dressing up you guys could coordinate/make it more obvious(I think that that would tie everything together better).
Overall, great job! :)
1) Would you rather have a general spirit week or one that relates to the theme of the rally?
ReplyDeleteI'd prefer having a week that's dedicated to the rally. It builds up more excitement and hype for the rally.
2) What did you think about the live stream at the beginning of the rally?
I thought It was a cool new idea, but I wasn't exactly sure what you guys were planning to do with it? It seemed a bit ambiguous on what your guys intention was during the rally. Also, it was a bit laggy to watch, so you may want t look into that and test out how you can fix the clarity of the stream.
3) How did we do performance-wise as spirit commissioners? What can we improve on?
I think you guys did a great job at the rally. I felt like everything went smoothly except for the make a shape game. It was hard to see how was a clear winner, because everyone just got excited that they made a shape, instead of making the correct one, so It looked like certain classes won extremely fast. Other than that, I thought the rally went good!
1. I think that having a spirit week that relates to the theme of the rally should be done again. Something I would change about that (which has been mentioned a lot) is having "easier" themes.
ReplyDelete2. The live stream was a great try, but I don't think it is something that we should go for in the future because it didn't have much of an impact.
3. Performance wise, I think that the spirit commissioners did well but technical difficulties prevented students from hearing what they were saying. Great job you guys!
1) Would you rather have a general spirit week or one that relates to the theme of the rally?
ReplyDeleteI liked the general spirit weeks better! However, David mentioned that it might be a good idea to brand the themed spirit days with a generic day that makes it easier to dress up for. I think it might be interesting to combine themed and general. (neverland/pajamas, wonderland/playing cards, pokemon/onesies, hogwars/wands) or something like that. On the flip side, combining themed/general might just make things more confusing.
2) What did you think about the live stream at the beginning of the rally?
If I hadn't known what you guys were attempting to do, I think I would have been really confused. It was cool to see you guys try something different, but the execution wasn't as smooth as it could have been. In the future, it might be worth practicing that transition from video to live stream.
3) How did we do performance-wise as spirit commissioners? What can we improve on?
You guys did a great job! As always, there was issues with the microphone not being loud enough and it was difficult to hear what you said. It might be nice if you guys could project what you say so that we can follow along even if we can't hear you.
In the rally video, the class officers were dressed up as the characters. If we do something like that again, it might be interesting to have them come out at the start of the rally and perform a skit or hype up the crowds.
Great job guys :)
1) Would you rather have a general spirit week or one that relates to the theme of the rally?
ReplyDeleteI think we could have general spirit weeks throughout the year because they are easier for everyone to participate in. However, for rallies I like how it was related to each class's themes which gave people a chance to dress up for each class.
2) What did you think about the live stream at the beginning of the rally?
I thought the live stream was new and interesting, but I don't think people really understood the purpose of it and it was a bit distracting. I also heard there were some problems, so if it is too difficult to setup, I don't think it should be continued in the future.
3) How did we do performance-wise as spirit commissioners? What can we improve on?
I think you guys did great this time with the script and the story, but there could be more class shoutouts. Also, I think the rules need to be explained more clearly because there were some concerns about that.