Hey guys!
Tech would like some feedback on the Blacklight Rally Video( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-c4poJtmw ), Was it fun to watch, did you guys like the editing, were the jokes appropriate for the even,t, and most importantly was it ATTENTION grabbing? Just for reference, the sound did not play during the rally due to technical difficulties.
Thanks,
Tech
Tech would like some feedback on the Blacklight Rally Video( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-c4poJtmw ), Was it fun to watch, did you guys like the editing, were the jokes appropriate for the even,t, and most importantly was it ATTENTION grabbing? Just for reference, the sound did not play during the rally due to technical difficulties.
Thanks,
Tech
Personally I think the video was amazing. The sound was a big part of the video, so it kind of took away from the total effect. Although, the rally is so loud that most rally videos are not heard so I'm not sure whether it is a bad thing or not.
ReplyDeleteOtherwise, the video is really well made. The story plot is really cute the puns are sooooo nice.
Good job Tech!!
I really liked the video! I thought it really matched the theme and the editing was good. Unfortunately the lack of audio really took away a huge aspect of the video. Other than that, great job tech!
ReplyDeleteVideo was really great!!! I thought it was super cute with all the characters and incorporating the COs, I just feel really bad that the sound didn't work. The video clearly had a lot of thought and effort put into it and I don't have any negative feedback about it. It was V attention grabbing, and Raymond was adorable!! Editing was great as well :) The subtitles were nice for those who could see them during the rally.
ReplyDeleteGreat job spirit + tech!
I liked the quad idea for the video, it was cute! And good job for adding those subtitles (in other than a default font).
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure how the live stream worked out, I think that it was too long to get set up and ready for the crowd to continually cheer. Otherwise, great job!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think it was really epic as intended (sans the sound :( ) which is a plus! IN hindsight, I feel we could have added a couple more action scenes and maybe more effects.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I think while doing the audio checks the night beofre and during third period, we should take into consideration that people will be cheering (I'm sure we already do), and compensate for that EVEN MORE and make it much louder than we think we'll need. Like much louder. BC it's the opposite of hype if it's not loud enough, but if it's too loud then it's more hype anyways -- there's something about cheering in a crowd of people to music that's blasting your ears out.
I think also, we could add epic font shoutout cues for the interview areas whenever theres a shoutout. For example, when Raymond says "2018, I pika-choose you!!" we could have epic "earthquake effect" font or smth epically enter the screen and say "I choose you!" to cue the cheer. Just easier for the crowd to understand.
Overall, it was really good; I think we can get even more creative with the videos though, but that's up to the next rally and more time allocated on behalf of the spirit commission for planning.
The rally video was great and really hype, but because the sound didn't work it made everything less exciting, so maybe right before the rally starts running the video once or twice to make sure everything is hooked up and ready to go. Also the live stream thing didn't looked like it was practiced all that much, because you guys cut the video short a bit so we didn't see spirit running toward the gym, so it was kind of weird. Maybe instead of that we can just see them running up to the gym and we would just see them run in at the same time like the magazine guy did. Otherwise it was a pretty good video, and a bit different from different videos where victor is taken by something/someone.
ReplyDeleteThe video was so cool!! I thought it was really well filmed and edited :) However, I dislike the font that you guys used, especially when it was 3d (LOL oops). I'm really glad you guys added captions, because it made the video way easier to follow and saved us when the sound didn't play! Overall I think this is probably my favorite video so far so great job :))))))
ReplyDeleteI think this was one of the best rally videos I've seen. It was definitely quite unfortunate that the sound didn't work since the music played a very big part in the epicness of this video. I especially liked how you guys incorporated people from each class, it was a good way to engage each class since they saw themselves being represented! I think maybe for the live stream to practice it a bit more beforehand since the timing was kind of off. Overall though, it was a very good video!
ReplyDeleteI thought the video turned out really good. The transitions between each contest was phenomenal, and I thought you did a very good job with it. My concern was the live video sharing part. I'm not exactly sure what you guys were trying to use that for?
ReplyDeleteI really really liked the video. I'm guilty of rewatching it a ton of times. It was really cool, great affects, great script, and really funny. The transitions were amazing, it really seemed serious in the midst of fun. My only concern was the live stream. It was a good idea, but I don't think it's necessary.
ReplyDeleteThe videos just get better and better! Loved the effects and the editing. It was definitely attention grabbing especially because there were class officers in the video this time instead of just the spirit commissioners.
ReplyDeleteCorrect me if I'm wrong, but I heard that the technical difficulties with the video may have been because of the last minute live stream set up. The live stream may not have been the most successful BUT huge shoutout to tech for trying something new!
This video is one of the best rally videos I have ever seen! I loved the fact that tech got the class officers involved and what was cooler was that the class officer in the video was wearing the same costume in the rally. It also had a great script. I saw that there were captions, but still it was a hard to hear what was being said and that may not be under your control. Maybe the class officers should be informed to tell their respective classes to be more quiet or something.
ReplyDeleteAww the audio added so much suspense :(. It added so much to the video. I really wished it worked. I feel like the first half was the most engaging; perhaps more eye catching edits at the end would prolong the hype. If the audio was playing, the beginning music would have definitely caught the crowd's attention. As for the tech issues, maybe you guys could try more test runs setting up the live stream in the gym? If it ends up being audio vs live stream, I think going for audio and running a traditional rally would be best.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the rally video this time. Like many people mentioned above, it was interesting to watch. During the rally, I didn't notice there was no audio and just assumed that people were cheering too loudly for us to hear. The live stream was something different, but I think most people were confused on what was going on. Great job on the video and on trying new ideas!
ReplyDeleteI agree with everyone else!! I really enjoyed this video :) It was edited very nicely. Hopefully the audio works next time. Great job tech :)
ReplyDelete