Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Staff Appreciation Week 1/9-1/13

Hey guys, thank you to everyone who helped out Recognition with our Staff Appreciation Week. I know a lot of you may have not been able to see a lot, since most of it took place in the staff lounge, but we'd still love for you all to give feedback on the event itself. Some things that we have already looked over are:
1.)Create a more secure student feedback form
2.)Order more fruits/Coffee/ Cream Cheese
3.)Order coffee further in advance
4.) Communicate better with the Staff. Tell them about the event in advance.

Also, I feel as If for our large brunch, we were lacking variety on the types of foods we bought. If you have any feedback on foods to buy for next time, feel free to suggest it.

Our Menu this time:
Coffee, Watermelon, Strawberry, Honeydew, Bagels (Panera Bread), Cream Cheese, Cranberry and Orange Juice.

11 comments:

  1. I believe that this staff appreciation week was ran super smoothly, and I liked the idea of the staff appreciation form. The form was very simple and didn't require that much effort to fill out, so I'm sure that you guys received a lot of responses. My friends don't normally participate in these events, but when I showed them the form, they thought that it looked simplistic, and several of them filled it out. Even though most of the project was hidden, the overall project itself was very organized and planned well. Good job rec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Rec!

    I think that staff appreciation week ran pretty smoothly. A lot of students were aware of the event and many even bothered to submit appreciation forms! My overall experience was pretty much what Ethan experienced as well. I also like how you guys made sure every staff got something, even if they didn't expect it! I can agree with the point made about making a more secure form (my lunch times activities group also received many fake responses.) Regarding the menu, I feel like the items being served this time were adequate enough; there's some fruits, some beverages and other miscellaneous items. Pancakes, waffle and tea would make nice additions as well! Overall, everything was pretty good. Props to rec!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think staff appreciation week went well. There were many submissions for staff and even some from alumnis which i thought was super sweet. i think there were a lot of teachers who were busy during brunch and were sad that they missed out on the food. also maybe next year, we can make personally deliver things during third period, like as a class. (food, tea, coffee, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like staff appreciation day went really smoothly! I don't know much about what happened during the staff appreciation brunch, but the teachers seemed to be in a better mood during class.

    As for the teacher grams, a lot of my classmates and friends weren't really inclined to fill out the form. I think that next time instead of pushing the students to fill out the form via facebook post, you could make a more sentimental post/letter/video? to explain to the student body why writing teacher grams are important.

    Otherwise, good job rec!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Staff Appreciation Week went really well. One thing that I think should keep in mind is that always keep more than enough food. There are around 150 staff around campus, so it is good to always have extra.

    I think the staff appreciation grams are really good. One of my teacher thanked me for giving a gram to her, and she said that the grams made her day.

    Personally, I think it should be publicized a little bit more. I know that the staff gram is amazing, but I think more people should write one, and most didn't because they didn't know about it.

    Otherwise, amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I forgot to add. Some schools did a special recognition to staff during rallies, and since staff appreciation week was a rally week, I think it would've been a really good idea to do that.

      Delete
  6. Not sure if this would be helpful, but catering from Noah's encompasses good bagels and cream cheese (generous amounts) and coffee! It's very convenient because you can also have it delivered straight to Lynbrook instead of going to three different places. Otherwise, good job; I think that the teachers did appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, the staff really appreciated what you guys did for them, and I think that itself meant your event was very successful. Some things to keep do in the future is start everything a little bit earlier, because it seemed like everything was a bit rushed at times. For example the appreciation cards, although they were very nice, some looked a bit ugly, being cut at different places, having different places for the text etc. Other then that I think it went pretty well.
    P.S. what did y'all do with the extra food?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Staff Appreciation week went well! I wasn't too aware, but from what I heard in the project outro, I think that more food should have been ordered. It was very nice of you guys to make sure that every staff member got a gram but I agree with Rita that it should have been publicized more so that more students would send grams to their teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, along with the general student body, wasn't particularly aware of Staff Appreciation Week, but it seems like the staff really enjoyed the attention and appreciated the kind words and food (even if it ran out!). I thought the way you guys ran the event showed thoughtfulness and genuine effort, and that reflects in your project outro, where you said that teachers seemed really happy. A little extra promotion for grams and perhaps 10 more tubs of cream cheese, and the event would be flawless :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought the staff appreciation week went well because it really did make the staff feel appreciated with the grams and food and everything. However, I think it would've been even better if there was more promo to the student body about staff appreciation week because many students didn't even know that it was happening. I am sure that more people would've written a gram to their teacher if they actually knew about it (a lot of people still don't have Facebook). If there was in-school promo, and if we gave people the option to turn in handwritten cards/papers to a collection box somewhere, I think there would be more participation next time. The menu seemed to include most of the typical brunch food items, but I might also suggest donuts or something more filling.

    ReplyDelete